Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #1

Tail lights

Does anyone know what vehicle the tail lights came from on a 2006 CC Inspire It looks to be a early 2000 Ford pick-up. Want to change the whole light assembly to LED's
mlgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2015, 07:53 PM   #2

There should be a number on the lights and with that you can find the replacement's and find out what the donor was.
Rod
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:42 AM   #3

Can't help but I just changed mine to led.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #4

Looks great. Wish the Inspires were as easy to get to as yours. You have to have extremely long arms to get to the left side light. Hopefully I can crawl inside.
Mike
mlgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:40 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Can't help but I just changed mine to led.

Did you have to add resistors to the circuits? I've seen what happens on cars when they made the change and didn't add them.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:10 PM   #6

No resistors they were plug and play. Blinks normal.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:13 AM   #7

I had mine installed at a shop in MA that had a small girl that could get into the position to make the install.
txroadhogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgunn View Post
Does anyone know what vehicle the tail lights came from on a 2006 CC Inspire It looks to be a early 2000 Ford pick-up. Want to change the whole light assembly to LED's
mlgunn
What is the advantage of replacing incandescent tail lights with LEDs?

I understand that LEDs make sense for "interior lights", "compartment lights" and "patio lights" because they use less house battery amps when when dry camping/boondocking without shore power.

However, IMO, LED "tail lights", "brake lights", "back-up lights", "signal lights" and "marker/clearance lights", (which are ONLY used/needed when the engine is running), are a waste of money.

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:48 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
mlgunn
What is the advantage of replacing incandescent tail lights with LEDs?

I understand that LEDs make sense for "interior lights", "compartment lights" and "patio lights" because they use less house battery amps when when dry camping/boondocking without shore power.

However, IMO, LED "tail lights", "brake lights", "back-up lights", "signal lights" and "marker/clearance lights", (which are ONLY used/needed when the engine is running), are a waste of money.

Mel
'96 Safari
For the same size of tail light assembly, the LEDs can give out a significant more light (lumens). This can add to the brightness of tail lights in daylight and nighttime, increasing the safety factor - people can see you clearly when you brake/turn signal/etc. This is the reason I am looking to replace the incandescence on my coach to LEDs. Plus they add a "newness" factor to the older coach, IMHO.

mlgunn may have additional reasons. Apologies in advance for jumping in....

Hope this helps,
Brian
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights