Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They really don't like to sit

Our coach has been parked since early June while DW heals from major surgery. Drove it today to my local Cummins Coach Care for annual service and the following gremlins appeared:

1. Could not get front to raise to travel height. I've had this issue in the past but it seemed to clear up until now. I finally did get it to lift after multiple air dumps and resets of the system.

2. Air horns not working. Checked fuse when I got back home, it was OK. Tapped on horn air solenoid and they started working. Guess I need a new solenoid.

3. On the way home from Cummins, I got ABS light. I get this occasionally and I figure I have a failing wheel sensor??

4. Cruising along coming home and felt like I was going about 55 with many people passing me. Looked at speedo and it says 75. No way I'm going 75 on this road and everyone is blowing by me . Checked speed on Silverleaf and it says 56. When I came to a full stop, the speedo said I was going 15. Does anyone know where the analog speedometer gets its signal?

The good news is that we are heading to Myrtle Beach on Sunday and hope to spend 3 months on the road right after Christmas. It does seem true what folks say.... these beasts prefer to be moving and not sitting. They rebel.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2015, 08:29 AM   #2

Sounds positive on the recovery front for your wife - hope this continues well of both her, and you! (You may recall from a private PM, my wife had back surgery now going on 3 years ago. So far, so good! So I know the feeling when the mate is going thru this process.)

And heck, we've been on this trip now since end of May, and it is the first trip where we've encountered a series of problems, so even running down the road frequently they'll act up on you!

> Pot hole damaged two tires
> Leaking coolant compression nuts, that were next to impossible to get a wrench on!
> Cracked exhaust manifold
> Hydro Hot Diesel not consistently firing up (1st time)
> Contaminate fuel, or just first time bio fuel gunk
> Hydro Hot Diesel not firing at all (Currently going on, repair next week.)
> Not going into travel mode consistently. Now red light off and on HWW. To be inspected at Oregon Motor Coach in about three weeks. (Suspect bad rear level sensor, or solenoid, we'll see....)

And now we're making mods to bypass the Lift Pump with a FASS Fuel Pump (no filters, just pump), so we'll be monitoring for teething pains on that work over the next several thousand miles. Same with the Re-program of the ECM, if we get the final code changes in from Canada today. (If not, I'll probably need to make a return trip to Brazel's to finish this off. Usually like these changes to be made, and then go out for long test runs close to where the work was done, so final adjustments can be made if needed. We're heading down the coast to Oregon's Newport area on Saturday. So worse case, next week I'll do the 2+ hour run back up for Brazel's to finish up.)

Good luck on you upcoming trip, you sure should get South faster, running 15mph over!!!! (On your coach, I thought the speedometer and Silverleaf got the MPH from the same feed? Son confused on why it would be faster on the dash? Keep us posed please.)

Travel safe,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Sounds positive on the recovery front for your wife - hope this continues well of both her, and you! (You may recall from a private PM, my wife had back surgery now going on 3 years ago. So far, so good! So I know the feeling when the mate is going thru this process.)

And heck, we've been on this trip now since end of May, and it is the first trip where we've encountered a series of problems, so even running down the road frequently they'll act up on you!

> Pot hole damaged two tires
> Leaking coolant compression nuts, that were next to impossible to get a wrench on!
> Cracked exhaust manifold
> Hydro Hot Diesel not consistently firing up (1st time)
> Contaminate fuel, or just first time bio fuel gunk
> Hydro Hot Diesel not firing at all (Currently going on, repair next week.)
> Not going into travel mode consistently. Now red light off and on HWW. To be inspected at Oregon Motor Coach in about three weeks. (Suspect bad rear level sensor, or solenoid, we'll see....)

And now we're making mods to bypass the Lift Pump with a FASS Fuel Pump (no filters, just pump), so we'll be monitoring for teething pains on that work over the next several thousand miles. Same with the Re-program of the ECM, if we get the final code changes in from Canada today. (If not, I'll probably need to make a return trip to Brazel's to finish this off. Usually like these changes to be made, and then go out for long test runs close to where the work was done, so final adjustments can be made if needed. We're heading down the coast to Oregon's Newport area on Saturday. So worse case, next week I'll do the 2+ hour run back up for Brazel's to finish up.)

Good luck on you upcoming trip, you sure should get South faster, running 15mph over!!!! (On your coach, I thought the speedometer and Silverleaf got the MPH from the same feed? Son confused on why it would be faster on the dash? Keep us posed please.)

Travel safe,
Smitty
I also thought Silverleaf and speedometer got their signal from same source but apparently not. I did not have my Garmin GPS set up but that will be the final word on speed. In early Nov our coach goes to a shop near our new home in the Richmond, VA area for repaint of the roof radius and new carpet. They are a full service shop so I may ask them to check the speedometer and ABS issue. I will ask Kevin so I will at least know where to look.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:20 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Well the speedometer is now working fine so whatever was causing that has resolved, for now.

However, our 2 year old Winegard Traveler is not working. Tired to use it and I get 'No LNB Voltage' on the display. All the cables/connections seem OK so will be calling Winegard today.