Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Thoughts Please on Potential Purchase

This would be a first purchase of a CC...previous Monaco owner. Looking here for input from experienced CC owners

2009 Inspire, 43', bath and a half, 425 Cummins, kitchen forward floor plan, 23K miles, 250 hours-gen, two owners, pictures look impressive, always stored inside. The only take-away so far is original tires.

$219,500 asking. NADA low retail $205K

What do you think, please. Alternative may be a '10 Allure, 43', bath and a half.
Asking price not firm yet but around the same. (Seems strange for year newer.)

Thanks for any help,

Don Parrish

Don Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #2

Sounds like a great coach. Go look at it and if you like it buy it. You want to get it closer to the low retail value if you can. But do not pass on a coach you really want over a few grand. We have an 11 year old 42' Country Coach and we are very happy with it. The Allure sounds good too.

Call the Country Coach factory and see if you can get the original factory order sheet from them to see what it cost new. You can get them on both coaches to see which is the better deal. When we bought our coach used we bought a 3 year extended warranty. For us it was a super deal. Plus we had peace of mind.

B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Country Coach Owners Club
Is it this one? 2009 Country Coach Inspire 43 Priced at $ 219500

If so, it looks like a great coach. Things to double check on...

1) Make sure there's no paint checking (especially on the darker colors)
2) Confirm that the PTO (Power take off) is WET (3 lines running into it) not Dry.
3) Confirm that the radiator is NOT aluminum (You do NOT want that...Buck to replace or BIG BUCKS if it fails while traveling for all the other things it takes out!).

While the tires are original, confirm the date codes (after DOT there are 4 numbers, first two are the week, last two are the year). If they really are 2009, I'd be happy for at least another year on the steer axial and maybe 2 ~ 3 on the rears.

Just my two cents!
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Try to get the price a little lower. There are a few of these offered online and use some competition coaches to negotiate the price. Low retail or lower is a great shoot for point.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
Mark...yes, that is the coach. I thought the wet PTO was a Cat installation issue. This is reported to be a Cummins. So a CC/Cummins issue? Thanks for the radiator tip.

Medico...If there is another Inspire bath and a half out there, I'm missing it. RVtrader, nationwide CL search, oodle.com, and others. Point me, please.
Am talking and emailing about an Allure at an Oregon dealer, but that is the only 42' or 43' bath and a half I have found within reason...200K-220K

Thanks, Don Parrish
Old 10-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
Mark...the tires are 32/07. Not so good. Would not drive from east Texas to Phoenix with six year old tires. Must be part of the negotiations
Old 10-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
In the current market, you should be able to get the coach for somewhere between low retail and wholesale, IMO.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #8
I like my allure We purchased through Premier RV next to the Country Coach factory they are great and competive all x CC employees. When we purchased I had my coach checked out by Oregon motor coach in Eugene they found a few more items to be fixed before the purchase after about 35k of work completed we felt good about the coach going forward.

The one thing I love about buying through a broker and a service provider is they will show you everything with the coach that could be wrong before you buy because they make additional money on the work. Keeps everybody on the up and up.
2005 Country Coach Allure 37ft Tag
Toad 2014 Rubicon Jeep
Ssgritton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
You've been given good input so far. I'll toss in a few more things to consider.

Go look at the Allure too, for two reasons: 1) It will give something to compare the Inspire too, and if you like it too, it will allow you to possibly play one deal against the other. 2) The Allure is one more notch of the CC food chain. Though in those years the lines really blurred based upon options.

Also be aware that at that length, the ISL425 while adequate, will certainly not be over powered!

The key to me would be which coach was in the best condition, and which one had the documentation to back the visible condition. Do make purchase conditional on a full professional inspection that includes oil and trans fluid analysis.

Also and opinion on prices. Be willing to pay a bit more for a well cared for with documentation coach. And while money always matters - at this price point, don't let $5-10K difference in prices keep you from what you feel is the better coach for you. It is OK to get a fair price, if not killer price - as long as the coach is what you want.

And yes, dry PTO's can be either CAT or Cummins, and it varies by year and by model.

Best of luck on your future purchase!

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote