Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:08 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Hello Pumper9X9,

We just got back from a Fleetwood Discovery National Rally as a vendor and we unplug internal sewage flusher systems all the time using the "CLR Trick". I will go over this process again for those who are having problems with a clogged sprayer head in the black or gray tanks. This process will allow you to unclog the head without taking anything apart.

Step 1: Get a 10ft section of hose (green or brown)
Step 2: Buy a bottle of CLR at Lowes or Home Depot.
Step 3: Go to your shore water and turn the water on just a little bit because you want to be able to move the CLR thru the 10 ft section of hose very slowly. Now mark that spot so you can go back to that spot when needed.
Step 4: Connect the hose to the water source and pour the bottle of CLR into the other end of the hose then connect the hose to the Sewage Flusher System. You are now ready to turn the water on again at that pre-marked area and push the CLR SLOWLY thru the system and reopen the sprayer holes at the end. This process will take about 30 mins as the sludge and calcium are removed.
Step 5: Just use your black tank as usual and then dump at FULL.

Happy Camping

niceguy9605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
could someone explain what the clear tube with a breather on the end under the bathroom sink for? when you open the sink doors you will see it at your right hand side.
Vacuum breaker for the sink. You also have one under the kitchen sink

Old 11-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Vacuum breaker for the sink. You also have one under the kitchen sink
hi don,
there are two breathers under the sink - one is black, for what you said. another is a clear tube about 1/2" diameter with a breather on top, located at the very far right-hand side. if you open the door you will see it. i wonder what it does...
Old 11-16-2015, 10:39 PM   #18

Quote:
hi don,
there are two breathers under the sink - one is black, for what you said. another is a clear tube about 1/2" diameter with a breather on top, located at the very far right-hand side. if you open the door you will see it. i wonder what it does...
Off hand I don't now. I'm going to the coach tomorrow so I'll take a peek. Have you taken a look at the plumbing schematic in your manual?

Guess I have a stupid question: Why would there be a vacuum breaker in a simple water line that goes from the female hose connector in the plumbing bay straight over to the sprayer that has a non siphon valve installed? Also, why would it be under the sink in the bathroom as that is approx 6-10 feet away? Ok, so two questions.

The non siphon valve is needed to keep water from back flowing into the city supply
Old 11-16-2015, 11:46 PM   #19

i re-read the plumbing schematic... it looks like the clear tube with "breather" head under the sink is actually a "anti-siphon" check valve. this is new to me... i have long noticed that item but never realized what it was... on the schematic, starting from the rinse inlet (female), water goes up to the anti-siphon, then comes down and travels to the other side of the black tank (the side with an access door right above "hurricane" hydronic heater). there seems no "valve", just a spray head there.

interesting design. i can imagine if there were no such anti-siphon valve (to make sure one-way flow), not only some waste water but also the bad smell could travel from black tank to the rinse inlet and eventually to the entire wet bay.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:05 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Off hand I don't now. I'm going to the coach tomorrow so I'll take a peek. Have you taken a look at the plumbing schematic in your manual?

Guess I have a stupid question: Why would there be a vacuum breaker in a simple water line that goes from the female hose connector in the plumbing bay straight over to the sprayer that has a non siphon valve installed? Also, why would it be under the sink in the bathroom as that is approx 6-10 feet away? Ok, so two questions.

The non siphon valve is needed to keep water from back flowing into the city supply
dons2346
BOTH "vacuum breakers", (aka: non siphon valves), and "check valves" are used in water supply lines/pipes, (including the tank flush line), to keep water from back flowing into the city supply:

Vacuum Breaker

Water entry with check valve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW
"Air admittance valves" are used in the sink drain pipes as an alternative/substitute for a through the roof pluming vent:
Air Admittance Valve

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 11-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #21

Quote:
hi don,
If you're talking about this one it is likely the anti-siphon/vacuum breaker for the black tank rinse line. At least is it in my coach. HTH.

Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoDave View Post
If you're talking about this one it is likely the anti-siphon/vacuum breaker for the black tank rinse line. At least is it in my coach. HTH.

exactly the same. i searched online, many reported the lakeview model 1000 is prone to leaking water. keep an eye on it when rinse black tank. they have a newer design, but pricey.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #23

Here's the poop (so to speak) on the black tank sprayer anti-siphon valve. It's Tiffin-centric but our Country Coaches are very similar in design and layout.

Black Tank Anti-Siphon Valve

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #24

Well, this is interesting. Looked at the coach this morning and from the tank sprayer there is a direct water line to the female connector in the plumbing bay. With a flashlight and looking at the top of the tank, I can see the line go straight, no turne involved.

So, this brings up a question as to where does the breaker under the sink go? I know the sprayer hookup came from the factory as I am the original owner and we picked it up at the factory with only 79 miles on the coach.

Going to have to wait for better weather to look further as right now, we are having high winds 20-35 gusts to 50 with some rain thrown in.

On edit, forgot to say that there is a anti siphon valve attached to the sprayer
Old 11-17-2015, 09:24 PM   #25

cc might have found out after 2000 that having an anti siphon near sprayer was a better solution., at least no chance of leaking water inside . i looked at it, since the rinse inlet is higher than the black tank and the sprayer, i don't see the probability of siphon at all.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:32 PM   #26

What now has me curious is where does the valve under the sink go?
Old 11-17-2015, 11:09 PM   #27

it's behind the right door hinge, vertically screwed to the section divider.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:25 AM   #28

Quote:
it's behind the right door hinge, vertically screwed to the section divider.
I know where the valve is located, I am wondering what or where the other end is connected to.

Tags
tank, water