Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:53 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Tire Time Dunlops anyone

I have 4 rears I have to replace. Has anyone used Dunlop tires? I have 2 new Toyo on the front (1 yr). I'm looking for opinions from those who have used them on their Country Coach. I'm looking at 12R-22.5's. Has there been any problems or things that you have liked. If we drive 8K miles it's a big year.
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #2

I had 8 year old Toyo's M-111 on all corners. Just replaced out the front two with the new Toyo's M-170 a couple of months ago. Les Schwab said that these were a much better tire for rv's than the old models. They do soften the ride quite a bit.

I am going to take the ones on the rear to 10 yrs, then I'll replace with the same on the front. I feel it's best to have same brand on all corners.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #3

I had Dunlop's on the steer tires until six weeks ago. They worked fine. They were the 315's though which is what my coach takes on the front tires.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:57 PM   #4

After a front tire blow-out on a 5 year old Michelin with TPMS and not hitting anything in the road 10 years is to long. I think it is time to replace all your tires. If member of FMCA might check out Michelin tire program when you buy tires next. Still think Michelin has the best RV tires out there.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:55 AM   #5

The reason I bought Dunlop over Michelin a few years back was that they were almost 30% less than Michelin. Recently I have bought front and tag Michelin tires through the FMCA discount program. When I bought the tag tires two months ago I did not check prices and just went with the FMCA deal. When I got the bill it seemed a bit high. So I called the tire dealer who sold me my drive tires. What I found was that Michelin tires through the FMCA in this particular purchase we over 30% more than Firestone tires. Dunlop and Firestone are about the same price.

I don't think (this is an opinion not fact) that Michelin tires are worth 30% more than Dunlop or Firestone RV/Truck tires. I have had very good results using all three. I will say that, in my opinion my six month old Michelin steer tires ride more smoothly than the Dunlop's they replace.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:15 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Have Dunlops on the front that I replaced a few years ago. No problems with them.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:58 AM   #7

No experience with Dunlops, and they never came onto my radar screen when tire shopping.

If 12R 22.5, I think one of the best bank for the bucks is the FMCA BF Goodrich ST230 (Michelin discount, due to BF Goodrich being made by Michelin.).

If you change tire size to 295/80 22.5, you will find more tire options. We just went with the Michelin XZA2 in this size, and moved our still one year old BF Goodrich ST230 12R's to our Tag. Tire size did not change our MPH readings enough at highway speed for me to bother changing anything.

I also know that many large coach owners are pleased with the Hankook AH12, which are a lower cost item, but I trust the owners of these coaches that have had great results with them.

Happy hunting, and let us know what you find out about the Dunlops!
Smitty
Old 07-13-2016, 06:00 AM   #8

Smitty at TCI in El Cajon BF Goodrich were not much less than Michelin. I checked. Hankooks were priced in approx same range as Firestone or Dunlop. Up to this point I have stuck with USA made tires only. Maybe if Hankook starts building these tires in the USA I would consider them. There are two reasons. 1. I have a priority to keep USA workers in jobs over foreign workers. 2. Nearly all large RV's like mine are in and used in the USA. So USA makers know more about what I do with the tires. Both Mich and GoodY the only makers who make specialty tires for RV's.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:00 AM   #9

I went with Toyo's thanks for the replies. BTW the rears were 7 yrs old.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:26 PM   #10

Tom,
After some thought on this I believe you are correct about changing out the rears that are now eight years old. Its just hard replacing tires that look new. When I replaced the fronts at Les Schwab they didn't believe me at first when I told them how old they were. There was no cracking even on the inside treads.

The PO of the coach always kept them covered. Plus during hot summer days he always planned his trips to where he was off the road by noon. For the last two years that I've had it, been trying to do the same, but always keep a nice layer of aerospace 303 on them.

Pumper 9x9,
Going with Toyo's as well. Really like the new M170's that I replaced on the front. Les Schwab gave me an estimate of 2,613 installed for all 4 rears. Is this close to what you paid? Also, they do have the ones manufactured in Japan, and not China. And they are about 4 mo. old
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:19 AM   #11

bneukam Yup I paid about $40 more probably due to taxes. They don't have Les Schwab up here that does truck tires so they sent up a truck from the Denver area and installed them up here.