Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Country Coach Owners Club
Toad turn signals not working

I just had my toad and Allure wired for towing. I'm told that the turn signals on the toad don't work, but the turn signals on the Allure work just fine. All the other lights on the toad and RV function fine.

The installer thinks it is a micro processor problem. I have no idea what that is or where to look. I don't think he does either, even though he is a recommended RV mech.

I have the seven pin plug, is there a fuse some where to pull and look at? I guess the prong(s) for the turn signals on the RV are showing no power.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Dean

dean0283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by dean0283 View Post
Any other ideas?
Dean, The installer should have a light box and be able to prove to you that when connected all the light functions work from the coach to the car. If the box works fine then the problem is at the connector on the car.

Look for the possibility of a bad ground first and foremost. I'm not so sure about the micro processor issue ... that sounds a little weird.

03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
Country Coach Owners Club
Hi There,

Well, we found the problem. There is a black box in the engine compartment on the right side. Had a switch labeled A/B. Flipped it to B and the toad turn signals worked.

Then looked in the one of the manuals provided and it was explained quite clearly. CC appears to have a lot of info in their manuals. I just need to read all of them. Mech. was a little embarrassed.

Thanks for the reply
dean0283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
Are they the same format?

Do both your coach and toad have the same tail/stop/turn format?

Older US cars use same filiment for both brake and turn while some newer and most imports have seperate bulbs for turn.

If the stop and tail lights work then they are connected, but if the toad has seperate buls for turn and the coach does not an adaptor will be required.

Most U-haul and other places where trailer hitches will have adaptors that are simple plug in that will go either way to couple US/Import configurations.
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote