Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Tucson - Lazydays KOA or Far Horizons?

Some of you have mentioned spending time in Tucson in your coach so I seek information you may care to offer.

DW and her sister want to attend their 50th high school reunion in Tucson during the third week of this coming October. We will arrive in Tucson, east bound on I-10.

DW grew up in Tucson and I lived there 10 years so we're not looking for points of interest. That said we've never had a motor home while in Tucson. What we're trying to do is pick an RV park for a 4-5 night stay.

We've narrowed it down to Lazydays KOA or Far Horizons. These two have available park models or cabins for sister-in-law to rent while we're there. SIL will fly in and out. I'm going to park the coach, unhook the toad and turn it over to DW and she and her sister will head off to the festivities.

I'll stand by the coach until it's time to hook up the toad and head back the way we came. I'll probably not leave the park except to cruise South 4th Avenue one evening for a Mexican food meal.

Looking for reasonably spacious sites, good hookups, low(er) noise, etc. Pull-through would be great. We have our own MiFi and SAT TV. I'm just looking for the least hassle getting in, setting up, taking down, and getting out.

TIA
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2016, 06:53 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Don't see how you could beat KOA lazy Days. Easy in and out right off I10. Large pull thru sites, clean, fresh fruit trees at every site. If you want to be shielded from the sun you can get one of the sites under their huge solar panels.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:53 PM   #3

We stayed at Lazy Days Koa last year in July for a funeral.. spent 5 days there. have good security and is gated.. Plus if you need a part or want to cruise new rigs they are right next door.. There is nothing special about the place but it was quiet and clean and a patio slab for the rv.. lots of citrus trees and you can pick the citrus if there is any on the trees yet.. We had a cabin right behind our space and were fairly close to the clubhouse. we were in space 1463 I think..easy in and easy out.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:44 PM   #4

Thanks, guys, for the input.
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
Old 04-28-2016, 01:29 PM   #5

we to have stayed at Lazy Days many times nice place. They have a nice little resturant
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:34 PM   #6

Normally I would never recommend a KOA, we never stay in one, avoid them at all costs. But if those are the only 2 options for you I would stay at the KOA, it's more centrally located in Tucson. Some friends of ours stayed at Far West and the sites are very tight. It also needs some updating.
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We stay at Voyager, but I think it is not in the area you want.
Wobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:37 AM   #8

Thanks for all of your comments. We've made reservations at KOA Lazy Days. There may be better parks but this one met the key points of separate hotel/motel room for sister-in-law and location.

Best,