Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #1

Turn off water to fridge?

I have a 2008 Magna.

I don't use the ice or water function. Is there a way to turn off, or cutoff water from reaching the fridge?

Thanks in advance for your help!
wrtundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You might try going outside and opening the access door to the back of the frig. That's where mine is.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrtundra View Post
I have a 2008 Magna.

I don't use the ice or water function. Is there a way to turn off, or cutoff water from reaching the fridge?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Yes, there is a shut off valve. Finding it can be an issue. Hopefully someone with your unit will chime in with the location. They are all over the place.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #4

Mine is older but I found my shut off on the outside where the refrigerator vent is located.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:20 PM   #5

I assume that an '08 Magna has a residential refrigerator and doesn't have an outside vent. My Allure doesn't. Anyway, my fridge is raised and has two drawers beneath it. I've looked behind them and there isn't a valve there, but I can see the water line. The other end of the water line starts on the passenger side in the bay with my Aqua-Hot. Just above my Aqua-Hot is a fiberglass panel that hides plumbing to the black and grey tanks as well as some fresh water piping. One of those PEX pipes transitions to 1/8" poly water line for the fridge. It would be easy to cut and add a shutoff in that cubby. There may be an access hatch somewhere in another bay that has a shutoff valve but I haven't found it.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:49 AM   #6

The first time I had service work done by way of the outside vent to my refrigerator on my 2000 I learned the wood under the refrigerator was all rotted out because of a leak I turned my Frig water off and never turn it on again. I was told leaks were A fairly common problem. My shut off was very obvious and easy to fine by way of that vent. While in there I also found wasp nests.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:19 AM   #7
Community Moderator

I capped the brass pipe behind the access door when I was installing the residential fridge in 2016. But OP's is a 08 Magna, all electric, no access door at the back of the fridge. There are 3 options I see -

(1) Remove the anchors, pull out the fridge and shut off the pipe at the back then reinstall it.
(2) As BonS suggested that find the line and install a shutoff valve.
(3) Take the filter inside the fridge out, block the water pass, make it a dummy filter and put it back in.

The last one is the easiest.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, water