Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:01 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
TV wiring

We have an '06 Intrigue Ovation--3rd owners. We have been unable to get cable TV to work on the front TV. Finally got it working in the bedroom. Does anybody have schematics or any suggestions?

Jurhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2015, 10:37 AM   #2

Is your front TV "new" or "old" technology? Meaning does it get over-the-air (OTA) channels without a converter?

While this may not apply to your scenario, my front TV is a fairly new Philips LED HD TV, that will receive OTA channels without a converter.

We have to do an "auto-scan" of channels with the "antenna" being connected by the "Box-Of-Many-Buttons" (BOMB) to get the OTA channels recognized by the TV. That is normal and the TV will remember those channels as long as I don't move the coach.

There is a hitch, however, when we want to switch to satellite. We have to connect the satellite box via the BOMB and do another auto-scan so that the TV will recognize the channel that the satellite box is sending the signal to the TV on - in our case, 3. When we want to switch back to OTA channels we have to do another auto-scan with the antenna connected via the BOMB.

The bedroom TV is old school and has a Digital Stream brand digital-to-analog converter. When it does an auto-scan it finds and remembers the OTA channels. It allows us to manually select analog channel 3 so that we can connect to the satellite box via the BOMB while not forgetting the previously scanned OTA channels.

I called Philips and the CSR in India was of no help. The setup feature does have the option of selectively adding channels but it will not accept an analog channel using that process.

I'm assuming that your TV sees your cable box the same way my TV sees our satellite box. I've never tried cable TV.

Good luck with yours. Keep us posted.

Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:17 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
[QUOTE=CoCoDave;2452541]Is your front TV "new" or "old" technology? Meaning does it get over-the-air (OTA) channels without a converter?

Thanks for the info, Dave.
The TV receives OTA channels fine--that is all it is getting! We are using cable rather than satellite because that is what we switched to at the stick/brick house. Much better option in our area.

I sent your info to Jerry and the neighbor helping trouble shoot.
Jurhee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring