Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Used CC price from rv dealer

2001 COUNTRY COACH AFFINITY 42DBL

I'm really looking hard at getting out of my loved 1997 bounder, for this coach but I still think the dealer is a asking to much and can't get DW to write the check for 114,000

For you CC owners what would the best deal and willing deal

We will be back to the dealer on the way home in a couple weeks, love to give him offer wife is happy with

Thank all
Jerry
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #2

Jerry,

I have a 2002 Affinity with two slides that I think is similar to the coach you are looking at. Depending on condition that price may be in the right range. What is the current NADL low and high book?

The critical thing, and I cannot emphasize this enough is the condition and if everything works. Almost four years ago I bought our coach at a very low price compared to NADL. If was from a formerly rich guy who did not fix anything. It was clean and he had kept the motor maintenance up, but let nearly everything else go. So I have spent 3 1/2 years fixing all the stuff he did not take care of. 114,000 from someone like me is likely a good price. 114,000 from someone like I bought from is 20-25,000 too high.

But that last statement needs to be adjusted by how your possible purchase is equipped. Ours has a lot of custom and semi custom stuff on it like rug hand carved to match the south west decor of the interior, stained glass windows, Girard awning, satellite internet, and so on. The build sheet on our coach says $546,000 in 2002. Find out what yours cost new.

If you have a Silverleaf computer with yours take it out and test it to see how much power your motor is putting out and psi. I assume you have the 505 Cat C12. So go up a big hill, floor it, and you should be making about 500 hp and 1,500 lbs torque. Plus psi should be in the 25 range. If no you motor not working right.

Too long sitting can cause problems with one of these coaches. Ours has lots of miles on it, 114,000. Mostly because it is a lot of fun to drive. At least it is fun to me. I can tell you we have found no design issues with our coach that lead to problems. MANY other coaches do have lots of design weaknesses. IMHO one of the reasons people for the most part say good things about CC is that many of their models are almost perfect. IMHO the 2001-2004 Affinity and Magnas with the big CAT motors where one of those models. 2005 Affinities had lots of changes and several significant issues not present on the 2001-2004s.

Oh - I think 2001 saw the introduction of IFS on the Affinity. You want that. You can PM me if you have any questions.

We just got back from a 3,000 mile trip and can say that I really love sitting up there cruising down the highway in almost dead silence and enjoying watching this beautiful country go by. The big downer was getting back in to the crowded area we spend most of our time in. I now miss the time we just spent at Grand Teton.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
NADA Low retail is $117,000 so $114,000 doesn't sound out of the question. I would remind the dealer (as we did when we recently got the Allure in our signature) that CC is an orphan and you must consider that. I would offer 10% less than what they are asking and stay firm (assuming you've checked the coach thoroughly, it has been maintained properly, etc.) and you really want it.

We did a trade so it is hard to make a comparison. The dealer asking price was low retail ($227) so my goal was to get the selling price as low as I could to save on my state vehicle sales tax and trade for a difference I could live with. I ended up doing a wholesale-to-wholesale trade so the selling price for sales tax purposes was $189,000.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmasters View Post
2001 COUNTRY COACH AFFINITY 42DBL

I'm really looking hard at getting out of my loved 1997 bounder, for this coach but I still think the dealer is a asking to much and can't get DW to write the check for 114,000

For you CC owners what would the best deal and willing deal

We will be back to the dealer on the way home in a couple weeks, love to give him offer wife is happy with

Thank all
Jerry
After I posted that I sat down and thought to myself I didn't give any info on the CC at all how are people going to reply ....
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #5

Retired Fire Service RVer's
First, CC is not really an orphan, the company is going strong as a service and parts dealer. They are gearing up to start building coaches early next year. There was a thread recently that discussed this.

Secondly, do not pay low retail on this coach. Many dealers are offering prices close to wholesale as these higher end coaches are not moving fast yet. I might consider a low ball offer of say $90K with an expectation of a counter by the dealer. I was able to purchase my Magna at well below wholesale, and you might as well.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #6

2001 country coach affinity 42dbl

Jerry,

I left behind my '99 Bounder to move into an 01 Affinity back in 2010. It is coach #6009.
As others have mentioned, make sure all the systems work. Take some time, and check them all.
The one I purchased, had a throw rug covering a make shift repair in the tile floor. Not real bad, until I discovered that it was an attempt at some point to repair the heated floor. The floor heat didn't work, and that is a major (read $$$) repair for me at some point.
Check the windshield seal and fitment. The 01 had a little problem with them fitting properly. I found this out after purchase, when the windshield began to separate from the frame. Luckily, the repair was only a new bunch of windshiels seals, but still a $1k repair.

Inspect tires and tire dates with care. New tires for the Affinity will be quite costly. Mine were way old, and had to replaced once I got the coach home.

Start and run the generator, for an hour or so. Rememmber, low hours on a generator is not always a good thing. Onan says to run the gen a minimum of 1 hour per month at greater than 50% load. So on a 12 year old coach, 144 hours on the clock should just be maintenance time.

Check or have checked the batteries, both house and chassis. Again old worn out batteries will be a bundle of cash to replace. Mine has 4 house and 2 chassis, all 8D size.

I could go on but, won't. Check everything. Read the owners manuals, then make the checks. What, no owners manuals, call Country Coach, they will sell you a set of house and chassis for $300.

Anyway, I subtracted all the issues on my coach from the asking price, and made an offer. I paid under 100K for mine 3 years ago.
All works swell now, (minus the heated floor) and I am very happy with the coach.

Luck,
Bob
Bigbluedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Offer what your wife will and see what happens, it might make everyone happy and you might be surprised at what you have saved. things sell for what people are willing to take regardless of book.

Worst case you wind up with a loved Bounder and a happy wife.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #8

The price is over the top. Go to oodle.com plug in Country Coach and a couple of years on either side of what you're looking for, include Intrigue. Here's 2002 36' for $88.9k. I've seen similar deals on other 40 footers and longer. Take you time and arm yourself with current asking prices. You can also call the ones that sold and ask how much they got. The dealer is way out of line.
2002 Country Coach Intrigue 36ft | 2002 Country Coach Motorhome in Liberty Lake WA | 3480916057 | Used Motorhomes & RVs on Oodle Marketplace
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #9

As Pumper says, check Oodle.com.

The ranges there for 2000 through 2002 Affinity rigs is $145,000 to $85,000.

Many of the asking prices do not indicate the mileage on the Odometer but most of them look like great condition rigs in pictures. Although high mileage on a diesel should not affect the price, it will with most buyers.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote