Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Thanks for all the suggestions. The best way to describe the problem would be like a garden hose with a pistol sprayer on the end. Turn the water on a 1/4 turn. It filld up the hose and builds up pressure. Squeeze the pistol grip and you have the full pressure as if the water was turned on all the way. As soon as that initial burst is out, back to that 1/4 trickle. Hope that makes sense. Now my theory, I have full pressure from either city water or tank/pump, the blockage is just upstream of where all the water is fed into the system.

Stratman50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2015, 06:46 AM   #16

On my 1998 Intrigue, CC installed a whole house water filter. When its time to replace it I noticed a greatly reduced amount of pressure in the bathroom sink only. Maybe antifreeze solution freed up some crud and clogged your filter. My filter is the last thing in the water system before its distributed throughout the coach. So city water or coming off the pump it all passes through the filter.

jeepersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:17 AM   #17

Maybe I forgot to mention this, but i was getting ready to change out that filter as i had no idea when it had last been done. Didn't know what to get so i was going to look at the old one. I spun off the housing, getting a shower from the pressurized system and found there wasn't any filter. Who knows what kind of crud has been getting in there.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:22 AM   #18

Sorry I can't quote since Im on my cell, but jeepersrus you just gave me an idea. I disconnected the main line from the output side of the filter. That was the line i used to blow air through. I know it couldnt be domething as simple as the restriction being in the filter housing. Naw.. gonna try it, but that would be just too simple.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #19
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The city water inlet has a small plastic valve that is suppose to open with the city water pressure if it has flip in the fitting no water pressure in water system, take the washer screen out of fitting and see if there is blockage.
If its flipped remove and use the blow out plug when using the pump water system from fresh water tank.
Before removing the blow out plug open faucet in your outside water closet to relieve pump pressure in system or risk getting a shower, than hook up water line for city water system use.
You an also spend the money and change the whole water inlet valve if you want too.
Your choice its only money and time to change.
Also if you have the screen washer in city water fitting and a whole house filter you may be picking up jell from the bottom of hot water heater if it has a Anode rod, as the rod disintegrates it can cause the jell and settles on bottom of HWH and if disturbed will wind up in your faucet screens the WH needs to be flushed out.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:28 AM   #20

Closing the loop.

Took the bus to a shop in North Carolina since it had me beat. Seven hour drive from Maryland. (I actually enjoyed it so I'm not complaining). The tech was able to recreate the problem. He bypassed the whole house filter and the problem was fixed. The water pressure dies when there is any type of filter installed in the housing. Take the filter out and it works ok. Interesting that the problem started and there was no filter in the housing then either. Only answer the tech could offer was maybe I had messed with it so much I had dislodged whatever was stuck in there blocking the flow. I'll be replacing the entire unit as I do prefer the whole house filter system and not worrying about fooling with the kind you attach to the hose. Everybody thanks for your comments and suggestions. Unfortunately while at the shop it appears some type of electrical trauma caused the Inverter to shut off. Started another thread on that LOL...
Old 05-08-2015, 10:18 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
We had the same thing happen to our inverter. A quick call to the manufacturer telling us to disconnect the batteries for 30 minutes. All is good. Inverter back on.

tikitom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water