Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Very low water pressure.

Only a couple of threads and they are a couple years old so I'll start a new one. I have a 2006 Country Coach Magna 630. We got back from a trip the first of the year and I winterized with anti-freeze. I was de-winterizing last week and there is little to no water pressure. At first I thought that the water pump had foamed up the anti-freeze causing air in the lines. The faucets would run a weak stream, bubble and froth then clear out. But still a little better than a trickle. Using a hose from the house, I hooked up to city water. This hose has very good pressure but I'm still getting only better than a trickle of water inside. The spigot outside at the wet bay has fantastic pressure on the cold side but diminishes at the hot. Inside the coach the cold is a little better than the hot side on all inside faucets and in the shower, but still diminished. My coach does not have a manual bypass for the electric water heater. I decided to change the element in the in-line water filter and discovered there wasn't one in there. The coach doesn't have a dedicated line to use air so I wouldn't know where to attach the hose. I suspect something in lines blocking the flow. Like I said, it was fine when I winterized in January but bad now. Oh, I have had the city water hooked up and turned on to full pressure. I have let the kitchen sink run for several hours. I did find some sand and debris in the kitchen faucet strainer screen.
Thanks,
Don
Stratman50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:55 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My 06 Safari has a pressure regulator built into the coach, it is what I attach the hose to when I hook up to city water. If the pressure regulator has malfunctioned, restricting too much, it should be east to remove the regulator and try again. I attach my air hose to the city water hookup point whth an adapter I bought at camping World, but be careful not to overpressureize the system, I use 45psi.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Try cleaning the screens in the the faucets.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
My 06 Safari has a pressure regulator built into the coach, it is what I attach the hose to when I hook up to city water. If the pressure regulator has malfunctioned, restricting too much, it should be east to remove the regulator and try again. I attach my air hose to the city water hookup point whth an adapter I bought at camping World, but be careful not to overpressureize the system, I use 45psi.
I didn't know you could go right into the inlet of the hose. Ok, my hose is built in on a reel. I assume that you have to open at least one or several of the taps so you don't blow any fittings lose. Is one enough, or are you supposed to open them all?
Old 04-17-2015, 08:58 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
There is also a filter/screen at the water pump that is recommended to be cleaned every 6 months. I haven't ever cleaned mine, but is on my short list to do. I assume city water passes thru this, but might not.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugmongous View Post
There is also a filter/screen at the water pump that is recommended to be cleaned every 6 months. I haven't ever cleaned mine, but is on my short list to do. I assume city water passes thru this, but might not.
City water comes in through the intake, passes through the in line water filter, then into the system. The fresh water tank goes through the water pump then into the system. There is an electronic controled valve that diverts water from the city water intake (through the in line filter) and into the fresh water tank. The only time you don't get filtered water is if you have to fill manually. All that being said, I just learned about the filter on the water pump and have put that on my list also for attention. Lots to learn on these things!
Old 04-17-2015, 03:35 PM   #7

Not sure if yours is different but on our coach where you hook the city line to is actually a pressure regulator. If you look closely there is a name & number in it. We had low pressure then it started leaking in the wet bay. I googled it and it came right up. Not near the coach or I could look it up. It was an easy change. Later I also did the vinegar flush & it helped ours considerably.

2005 Country Coach Inspire, C9 CAT
Old 04-17-2015, 10:46 PM   #8

Water Issue

I had the same problem last week everyone of my faucet screens were plunged , I thought is was the pump was weak cleaned the screens and all was good.

Randy.
2005 Country Coach Magna Rembrandt
Eat Claire wi
Randy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #9

Ours is an 04 Allure, but also might have a plugged water filter that cleans out the sediments? Both our tank water, and the incoming water from the hose, go thru this filter. It could be worth a look too.

On the pressure regulator, some have a screw that you can turn to adjust pressure. I yearly move mine a few turns each way, then return to where it was (our old Sticks and Bricks house too) as hard water can build up, and this can sometimes shake things free.

And put me in the clean the water pump screen yearly, as well the faucet screens too... Though our faucet screens usually are in pretty good shape, as the hole house filter does a good job.

Best of luck, and please let us know what you find out!

Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:47 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
I had a buddy that complained about his water pressure on his 09 Mountain Aire. What I found was he had an adjustable pressure regulator turned up to 70 PSI but then had a regular non adjustable regulator in the line as well. He screwed it on to store it and totally forgot it was there. Removed and pressure was fine. Not saying you had the same brain malfunction...just illustrating a problem that caused the same thing.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Water Pressure

We have a water pressure issue as well. Great pressure in the bathroom sink and shower. But the kitchen sink has hardly any pressure. Works better when you engage the spray feature of the faucet. We replaced the faucet last year. Any ideas to increase the pressure in the kitchen?
tikitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #12

So i already cleaned the kitchen screen in the beginning. Lots of lime and crud but that wasnt the problem as the pressure throughout the coach still drops. Just because I was on a roll i cleaned out the rest, same results but not the underlying problem. I agree with my tech that theres a blockage in one of the water supply elbows. So easy stuff is done. Time to start unscrewing sinks and blowing them out to try and force it out or up. I guess its like breaking up kidney stones. LOL
Old 04-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #13

There is a back flow preventer on the intake side of the water line. CC used el cheapo plastic ones that tend to come apart at the wrong time. This will cause low pressure. Seeing as how you have a hose reel, the preventer will be somewhere after the reel
Old 04-19-2015, 06:03 AM   #14

Water pressure

I did the same thing I cleaned the screens on the faucets and it didn't help at first then I took them back out and turned the faucets on high and big chunks of scale shot out!!

Just a idea to help,

Randy.
Randy. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water