Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #1

Wabascto heating system

I just bought a 1990 country coach magna. Anyone know about the wabascto heating system? I have two electric heat pumps, but store my RV in a garage. I wanted to know if I could set the system to come on when temps. dropped? I can not figure out how to start the system. Previous owner did not use??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #2

It sounds like you have a Hydro-Hot or sometimes called a diesel burner for your hot water plus your coach heat. You would want to go to Hydro-Hot web site to get the total information on the system. It is a great system but there is a lot to know to operate it and there is service that needs to be done. What you have is both electric and diesel system for your hot water and heating system in your coach.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCZEPP View Post
I just bought a 1990 country coach magna. Anyone know about the wabascto heating system? I have two electric heat pumps, but store my RV in a garage. I wanted to know if I could set the system to come on when temps. dropped? I can not figure out how to start the system. Previous owner did not use??
This is the url to their site:

http://www.webasto.com/us/markets-pr...r-top-2000-st/
Old 10-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #4

Quote:
If it works properly, it should come on automatically with the heat thermostat. They do need to be cleaned and serviced regularly. Where are you located? Country Coach may be able to steer you to the closest service center. The Webasto only gives you space heat, I believe you have a water heater for the domestic hot water.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:58 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
The Webasto is a very good heating system however I would not use it in an enclosed garage as it does combust fuel and the carbon monoxide issue could be a factor. Check their website as listed above. The Webasto system is very simple in operation.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Roger Berke's Hydronic Heating Website - Webasto

Quote:
Here's a website for RV owners with hydronic heating systems. That includes Hydro-Hot and Aqua-Hot, both of which use Webasto diesel burners. It also has a section devoted to Hurricane which uses its own diesel burner.

Roger Berke, owner of this website is extremely helpful in troubleshooting problems and providing general information about operation and maintenance of these units. He sells parts, services the units, and in geographic areas where he does not operate can refer you to a shop or technician.

Hydronic Heating

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #7

Good input on the enclosed garage concern. Of course if have electricity available, setting a thermostatically controlled space heater would probably be a safer way to go.

Best of luck, and enjoy your rig!
Smitty
Old 10-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #8

Thank you all for the responses and for the links! I am new to Rving and Country Coach. I just purchased a 1999 Magna with a c10 Cat. So happy with Country Coach and the community. I am a little over whelmed with so much to learn, but I am loving every minute of it! Its a dream come true. I built my shop 8 years ago for the RV and it fits perfect.I did not realize it but it does have a small exhaust pipe under the coach for the heating furnace. I think I am going to pipe that outside. The coach has two heat pumps, but temps dip below 0 zero a couple of days here in Maryland. I got the system to fire but the fans in the coach are not moving the air. All fuses appear to be OK. Anyone know of a good Country Coach service place out here near MD? The coach also has a tracstar in motion tv system. I need some help with that as well. The previous owner unhooked the system. The back up camara does not work, the bose system, or the TV's. I might need to update the system all together, but I want to take to someone who can tell honestly what is good or bad. Again thanks for all your help. I look forward to becoming part of the Country Coach community! First trip is to pick up my son from the military at Parris Island SC. Any suggestion to groups to join would be helpful .
Old 10-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #9

Just an update...I am having fun exploring and repairing my coach! I figured out the heating issue. Thanks to the help of country coach and my brother-in-law. The heater would come on but none of the fans would come on in the coach. No blown fuses, or relays. Ended up being the plug in between two panels in the center of the coach. one wire in the plug had corroded. All fixed and heat is working great!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #10

Thanks for letting us know what you found out about the fans, and the wire needing repair. This can help others searching likewise problems in the future.

Continued best wishes as you have fun learning our new rig!!
Smitty

Tags
heating