Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Water leak

I have a 2003 Allure. I have water seeping up between the tile grout on the floor midway between the sink and stove in front of the kitchen cabinets. Can't see how they affixed the floating baseboard to the cabinet base to get a good look underneath. Also assuning the water is either coming from supply line or possibly the drain line which must run under cabinets toward rear. Any ideas.
KiheiKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2016, 04:24 PM   #2

The toe kick should have screws in the bottom of the cabinets that hold it in place. You may have to lift up the carpet to find them.

Is your kitchen on a slide, if so, the drains are known to leak on these. It leaks right where the flex section of pipe enters the fixed portion that goes through the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:56 AM   #3

Water leak

I've pulled the carpet and removed all the screws and the kick plate is still as solid as before. I can see what you said however about the drain leaking. Now somehow I need to get that kick plate out of the way to check the joint. Once the leak is repaired I'll need to remove and replace two rows of tile and perhaps some subfloor. Assuming tile is affixed directly to plywood with mastic or similar adhesive. Yes this is on the driver side slide.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:05 PM   #4

On yours they may have glued and screwed the toe kick. On my 02 Intrigue there was 6 screws that was holding mine. Three in the sink cabinet, and three in the stove cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-09-2016, 10:15 PM   #5

Water leak

I pulled the toe kick but all that does is hide the slide hardware. Like you said, it was held in place by screws coming down from just inside the cabinet floor. I ended up cutting through the floor on the cabinets behind the metal slide frame. The black PVC is cracked at the joint so I'll need to cut it out and replace almost the entire length by glueing together short pieces. Pretty tight work as the pipe chase is only about 6 inches wide and has welded aluminum cross members that make it even harder to work around. They had to have built this before they installed the slide at time of manufacture. I wish I had the small hands of a three year old.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #6

Checking in to see how your repair is going, hopefully making progress. I agree removing the toe kick doesn't do much, but it does give a better vision to see where the leak is coming from.

I was over at CC in April, and as they were going over things that I should keep an eye on this item came up. They get a lot of these where the drain slowly leaks and owners are not aware until sub floor damage has occurred. Went home and checked mine and it does have a leak but only a few drops after I flush down a pretty full sink of water. We now just drain the water slowly and have no leaks.

If you can I would greatly appreciate pictures of that drain going through the floor.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:34 PM   #7

Sorry I deleted the photos after my repair. The black ABS runs parallel behind the kick plate and slide frame at a slight down angle for drainage. Just prior to making a 90 going into gray water tank it converts to white flex pipe and buried in globs of sealant. If I had access to a plumbing store I would have replaced the entire pipe with the white 1.5 inch flex pipe. It would have precluded almost all the joints. You can only replace pipe by cutting out small sections in the base of the cabinets for access. I replaced the cutouts and replaced the carpet in the cabinet floor and it looks like new. The problem joint was there they went from ABS to flex. The collar joint cracked.

Tags
leak, water, water leak