Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Water Leaking

I have a 2000 Country Coach Allure 40'. I started filling up the fresh water tank with a garden hose and when the tank got around 3/4 full I started the pump and could then see water leaking underneath the coach. It appeared to be leaking from the area near the hot water tank but the floor where the fresh water tank sits was wet as well. Anybody have any idea what could be going on?
cthowards is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Did the drain plug get put back in the water heater after winterizing? Could a drain still be open? You need to get eyes on the place the water is leaving the system to solve the problem.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #3

Cthowards, I have a 2007 Allure 430 40'. I have the hydro hot system. One day I was filling my tank for travel and went inside and turned on the water pump. I began observing water on the floor at the shower. I turned off the water pump inside and the water began filling the tank again. Last year I was at a camp site and observed water leaking near the hydro hot. The water pump would start and stop from time to time on its own. When I left the site, I observed water leaking on the ground. The tech found that I had a bad water pump and the overflow was taking on water. I had the pump replaced and I have not had any more problems with the pump. But, remember this was just the pump not turning on the pump while filling the fresh water tank. When you are filling your fresh water tank, do not go inside and turn on the water pump. When I want to fill my fresh water tank, I turn on the pump at the service door and insure the water pump inside is off. When the tank is full, my pump will stop. Now, as I first stated, I have a 2007. I hope this will help you.
Bearonthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearonthebus View Post
Cthowards, I have a 2007 Allure 430 40'. I have the hydro hot system. One day I was filling my tank for travel and went inside and turned on the water pump. I began observing water on the floor at the shower. I turned off the water pump inside and the water began filling the tank again. Last year I was at a camp site and observed water leaking near the hydro hot. The water pump would start and stop from time to time on its own. When I left the site, I observed water leaking on the ground. The tech found that I had a bad water pump and the overflow was taking on water. I had the pump replaced and I have not had any more problems with the pump. But, remember this was just the pump not turning on the pump while filling the fresh water tank. When you are filling your fresh water tank, do not go inside and turn on the water pump. When I want to fill my fresh water tank, I turn on the pump at the service door and insure the water pump inside is off. When the tank is full, my pump will stop. Now, as I first stated, I have a 2007. I hope this will help you.

While I was filling the fresh water tank for the first time of the season (after hooking up all the lines), I did go inside and turn on the water pump and started running water in the faucets. When I came outside, that is when I noticed water leaking on the ground. I'm not sure I fully understand how the water pump, fresh water fill and overflow are related but it sounds as though that could have been my problem. Since that day, I have turned on the water pump inside and looked underneath and there have been no leaks. Can you explain why I shouldn't run the pump from inside while filling the fresh water? Thank you very much for your reply, very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob
cthowards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #5

I am learning just like everyone else. This is my very first coach. I was told that when you dry camp, or while in motion, turn on the water pump and it will pump the water from the tank when it is needed. If you are at a camp site using their water, turn off your water pump inside. The pressure from the hose will be enough to supply you with water. I hope this helps. I'm in D.C. right now.
Bearonthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthowards View Post
I have a 2000 Country Coach Allure 40'. I started filling up the fresh water tank with a garden hose and when the tank got around 3/4 full I started the pump and could then see water leaking underneath the coach. It appeared to be leaking from the area near the hot water tank but the floor where the fresh water tank sits was wet as well. Anybody have any idea what could be going on?

I am not sure what your leak issue is, but I find that my tank fills faster using the shore connection and the water pump in tandem.

I have only use the garden hose fill inlet when dry camping and working from 5 gallon bottles.

Check your water heater hose connections, relief valve closure and for any missing drain plug.

It could be possible that the fresh water tank was overfilled. If my automatic water fill shutoff does not trigger, I will get water on the ground from the overflow tank.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #7

I am considering purchasing a 2007 cc allure McKenzie Bridge. There is a leak in the storage bay beneath the sink. some told me when it rains it could come in throught he handle. It is still winterized so am not sure if there is a leak under the sink. Any ideas?? thank you.
coach11 is offline   Reply With Quote