Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Webasto 2010

My Webasto has been working. Dealer just did a service and got it to quit smoking. Put in photo eye on photo disk and he cleaned. also cleaned the housing and chamber and checked the pump pressure and reassembled. Last night it failed to ignite. I turned it on an you could hear it start but it never ignited to heat the liquid. Heat exchangers came on and blew cool air. I had previously replaced the fuel nozzle and filter about 3 weeks ago. I checked the 7.5 fuse in the electrical bay and it is good.

I registered for Roger's forum but only this morning. Any suggestions ?? Temp will be above 32 tonight but if it gets close I get nervous. I put a small light in the water bay last night but not sure how much good it did.

Thanks
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Don't have a Webasto, but a Hurricane. I fixed ours, so the following is fyr. First check if the igniter sparks at the moment of calling. Next observe if the mix of fuel/air sprays out at the moment of calling. If both are good, there is a good chance that air was introduced into the fuel line. Open the fuel return line and try, maybe a few times. After it works and stable, close the return line. Good luck.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:39 AM   #3

Like CountryFit, we have a Hurricane but my impression is that the Webasto and Hurricane are similar in the burner area. Ours intermittently failed to ignite following a preventative maintenance service. The nozzle and photodiode (i.e. flame sensor) were replaced and the burner housing cleaned.

The problem turned out to be that the part, "fuel block" in Hurricane-speak, which holds the nozzle and flame sensor was not securely fastened in place during the parts replacement. This resulted in poor grounding which prevented the igniter spark from reaching the nozzle area.

The good guys at ITR, in Vancouver, Washington, maker of the Hurricane, found the problem and fixed it for free, even though they were not the folks who caused the problem in the first place.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin379 View Post
My Webasto has been working. Dealer just did a service and got it to quit smoking. Put in photo eye on photo disk and he cleaned. also cleaned the housing and chamber and checked the pump pressure and reassembled. Last night it failed to ignite. I turned it on an you could hear it start but it never ignited to heat the liquid. Heat exchangers came on and blew cool air. I had previously replaced the fuel nozzle and filter about 3 weeks ago. I checked the 7.5 fuse in the electrical bay and it is good.

I registered for Roger's forum but only this morning. Any suggestions ?? Temp will be above 32 tonight but if it gets close I get nervous. I put a small light in the water bay last night but not sure how much good it did.

Thanks
Did you call the dealer that did the service ?
Was that service recent ?
You said you did service so a few weeks ago

Do you have adequate fuel in tank ?
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #5

Going back to dealer who did repair in the morning. When I open the Webasto nothing gets repaired. So I'm taking the dealer option and hope that they do the right thing. Warranty!!!!
Air Force One braking
Old 11-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #6

There are a.couple fuses the.can cause that
If you look on the sure marine site they have diagram
And troubleshooting manuals
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:28 PM   #7

The Webasto/Aqua Hot burners/heaters are actually quite different. Webasto is a high pressure much more complicated burner. The photocell plays a much greater role. The Hurricane/Oasis is a low pressure system. There are many other differences. I own a Hurricane and I have worked on Aqua Hots.

Rich 2002 Magna
birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:09 AM   #8

No warranty by dealer. The fuel pump needs to be replaced. Hopefully this will be it for the Webasto for awhile.
Air Force One braking
Old 11-20-2019, 11:43 AM   #9
Community Moderator

When you said "dealer", are they Webasto authorized dealer, or an RV repair shop? You also said "... who did repair in the morning. When I open the Webasto nothing gets repaired..." Did they charge you for jobs not been done at all? Just curious what was going on...
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:41 PM   #10

My reference to "no warranty" was that there was a new issue with the Webasto. That being the fuel pump and not the photo eye or other service they had done. They are very competent as they had serviced the unit in previous years.

My other comment about me opening up the unit is a reference to my limited knowledge about the Webasto after spending a day on the phone with tech support replacing the fuel nozzle and filter and trying to diagnose it not starting 3 weeks ago.

Fuel pump will be in tomorrow and gets replaced on Tuesday before the next cold snap.
Air Force One braking