Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:05 AM   #1

Webasto Not Firing up

Turned on my furnace for the first time. I heard it running, went outside and felt cool air coming from the exhaust pipe. I took down the panel that houses the diesel furnace. I see a fuel filter there with a pressure gauge. No pressure on that gauge. I spun the filter off to see if it was full. The was 3/4 full with old smelling diesel . I am assuming the fuel pump isn't working? Any ideas where it might be located ? Or any other ideas why this is not firing up ?

89 Country Coach Concept

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I do love a good diesel fired furnace!!

Ok, so find the fuel line going in and trace it either into the unit or back to the pump. You didn't mention which furnace model you had so it's location is a guess.

I would assume that it is either near the fuel tank or the unit.

check it for 3 things, is it mounted horizontal?(a requirement) Does it click when the furnace is turned on?(it's getting power and running) Are there any loops in the fuel line that are above the fuel pump and not a 90* bend. all other fuel line must be parallel to the horizontal. The pump is not strong enough to purge trapped air pockets.

if the pump doesn't click, check voltage on the line to rule out bad wiring or a bad controller

nukerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:15 PM   #3
TR4

Had a similar problem with my diesel furnace. Turned out to be the fuel line had deteriorated. Read this was a common problem with certain fuel lines. My fuel pump is next to the fuel filter under the furnace cover. You can hook up a line to the fuel filter (if it's near the fuel pump) and put the line in a bucket with diesel.

This is how my fuel pump looks
https://www.amazon.com/Facet-1024AMZ...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Bill
Old 09-30-2016, 11:26 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Before you get dirty try this. Turn off the heat exchangers (toggle switches on the overhead) and turn both thermostats to the off position. Wait a minute or so and then turn the heat exchangers back on and then turn on the thermostats to heat. This is how you reset the system. In my case ('90 Concept) I had been running the heat while running the diesel fuel level down low enough to cause the "Low Diesel" light to come on. I refueled the coach and got back on the road. After a short while we noticed the hydronic heating wasn't putting out any heat. I sent an email to CCC that night and was prepared to have to get into he fuel system the next morning. Gregg Bootes called me in the morning and had me do the reset procedure above and it took care of the problem.

Even if this procedure doesn't solve your issue I figured this is good informative to pass along since we have the same coach. I don't know if there are other scenarios that would require this reset but I do know it's required if you happen to be running the furnace when the Low Diesel light comes on.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!!

Russ

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
Before you get dirty try this. Turn off the heat exchangers (toggle switches on the overhead) and turn both thermostats to the off position. Wait a minute or so and then turn the heat exchangers back on and then turn on the thermostats to heat. This is how you reset the system. In my case ('90 Concept) I had been running the heat while running the diesel fuel level down low enough to cause the "Low Diesel" light to come on. I refueled the coach and got back on the road. After a short while we noticed the hydronic heating wasn't putting out any heat. I sent an email to CCC that night and was prepared to have to get into he fuel system the next morning. Gregg Bootes called me in the morning and had me do the reset procedure above and it took care of the problem.

Even if this procedure doesn't solve your issue I figured this is good informative to pass along since we have the same coach. I don't know if there are other scenarios that would require this reset but I do know it's required if you happen to be running the furnace when the Low Diesel light comes on.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!!

Russ

I did notice that my low fuel light has been coming on when I run the Gen. Even with a full fuel tank. I will try this idea of yours when I get home tonight
Old 10-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #6

Hope it works. I know that cntrylife on this forum (he also has an '89 Concept) is having issues with his low diesel light coming on when it shouldn't. I think it has also affected his generator auto-shutdown and maybe his heating. It wouldn't surprise me if a bad fuel level sensor or sending unit was affecting operation of these other systems. I think you'll want to follow his thread and pending resolution as well. I don't know how to post a link to that thread but if I figure it out I will.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:35 AM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Pretty sure when I changed my Aqua-hot fuel filter, the old one wasn't filled right to the top. I've never had any issues with it firing up.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #8

I have the same problem I have been working on for a while with the low diesel light coming on, I am assuming that will not shut down the heater unless the diesel level is actually to low or my minor annoyance light just became a big pain in the a$%#$ that needs to be fixed now
Old 10-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #9

Any idea where the fuel pump is for the Webasto? I still cant get fuel to the unit. We have removed the unit, cleaned and changed filter and nozzle. But when I turn the two switches on for the heater and I can hear it cycle but no fuel makes to to the filter. I am at a loss here
Old 10-02-2016, 05:57 PM   #10

Is your low diesel light still on? I think when it registers low fuel it cuts off the fuel supply to both the furnace and the generator even if the tank is not actually full.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:20 PM   #11

Hey BootJack, Did you ever find your fuel pump location? I am now having the same problem. No fuel to the unit. I pulled both filters and mine are inline not screw on but the fuel line disappears into the frame rail and I did not find a pump to test yet.
Would appreciate a hint on where to start since following the line is difficult if not impossible