RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #1

Webasto won't run

On our 2000 Magna, I had the Webasto reconditioned last winter. It worked fine before and worked great after. Used it several times up through early June. Now in September, when I set the thermostat to furnace, and turn on the interior heat exchanger switch, and turn on the Central Heat switch, the 'Heat On' light lights up but the Webasto doesn't run at all. I've got voltage to the control box and ground too. I've checked to be sure the motor isn't stuck and it turns free. I've reviewed the Webasto schematics and I'm not sure the control box is working any more. Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot further?
Fred

2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Fredward is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2019, 12:50 PM   #2

There's a remote service rocker switch on the bottom of the control box. Try changing its position briefly and returning to the original position. This should reset the control board. Also should that switch inadvertently get set to the service position the inside switch will not start the furnace.

There is also a high temperature thermostat that can shut the system down. The pdf file below identifies the reset button but also cautions against resetting until service has been done.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf itr_manual_chap_9_XL_R2.pdf_extract.pdf (215.1 KB, 6 views)

2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:27 PM   #3

Ours is a free standing Webasto 2010 with independent circulation pumps. There is a control board with some relays up in the front run bay. The picture you show must be of an aqua hot or hydro hot which is a self contained system containing a Webasto boiler.
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Old 09-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
There is a troubleshooting section in this manual that will help troubleshoot the unit. I have used it to troubleshoot the control box on our Webasto burner.
https://www.techwebasto.com/old/heat...LIT699745B.pdf
Old 09-09-2019, 05:49 PM   #5

Fredward
Must have been a run change during the year; 158 coaches between yours and mine if the numbers are to be believed. The unit shown is the CO45XL Hurricane furnace from ITR and it and the control unit are in my rear passenger side bay. That view in the file I attached is from the side with the side panel removed.

Sorry, I just assumed two 2000 Magna coaches would have the same equipment. Apparently not.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:49 PM   #6

No worries. I would have thought so too. I've got schematics and some support from Roger Berke the guy who reconditioned it. He gave me some things to check today but have not had a chance to look into it. Hopefully Thursday night I'll have time to troubleshoot further. I have a weekend outing the weekend of 9/21-22 so it would be nice to have it working by then.
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Old 09-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #7

I had an issue with ours a few years ago. There is one 12v wire that fires it based on 2 or 3 conditions.
If there is 12v to the wire the rest is pretty easy.

https://www.suremarineservice.com/ here in Seattle is the local expert and does the Webasto's on the all the Alaska fishing boats.

They have all the parts in stock and techs that work on all of them

Mine had a bad overheat fuse so I just hit it for continuity and problem solved.
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:23 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Spk64, Thanks for the reference to the Webasto 2010 repair manual. My Webasto started smoking when I tried it yesterday in anticipation of cooler temps. All of the mobile guys are busy racing boats or don't have time so my job today is checking out the fuel nozzle, etc. One guy said start there so manual is a real source. Thanks.
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:55 AM   #9

Here's an update. I found the pinouts for the plugs on the control module. B2 is a good ground. B4 always has 12volts. When I call for heat at the thermostat with the Diesel switch on there is 12volts on B1. On the "A" plug I have 12 volts on A2 and the pumps run. I also hear the electrodes sparking inside the burn chamber but the fan still doesn't run. On the "C" PINS of the control box, C5 has a good ground when the diesel switch is on and the thermostat calls for heat. PIN C2 does not have 12 volts. PIN C1 has 12 volts. If I plug in plug "C" and apply 12 volts to C2 the fan motor starts up. If I apply 12 volts to C1 and C2 the fan starts up and the ignition sequence begins and the fire starts. I ran it that way for about 60 seconds and then disconnected C1 and let the flame go out and the purge cycle complete. Then I removed power from C2 and the fan stopped.

I'm thinking the relay that turns on the Webasto motor by applying power to C2 inside the control module must be bad. Probably need a new module.
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Old 09-15-2019, 07:03 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
That is what it is sounding like. I did similar test on my unit.
This was the best price I found on Replacement.
https://www.suremarineservice.com/He.../9028629A.html