Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #1

Weird Hydronic Heat Issue

Last year I sought help on an issue with my Hydronic floor heat not working. Every time I tried operating the system it would go through the light off process and then alarm. When I checked in the bay I had a red light for the flame being out. Since it was the end of the season I just let it slide and didn't do anything with it. This summer I had a tire blowout and it knocked off the exhaust line and muffler when the tire tread hit it. I picked the exhaust system up, threw it in the belly and went home and put the pipe and muffler in the garage.

One day and I have no idea why I tried the Hydronic system again and it worked fine without the muffler and exhaust line installed albeit a little loud. I ran it for an hour and it was perfect.

Last week I got motivated and put the muffler and exhaust line back on and rerouted it so that the line wasn't so near the left rear tires to prevent a reoccurrence of this summers debacle. New pipe hangers and the whole nine yards. I was quite proud of the job.

This morning I awoke in the mountains to 40 degree weather. I turned on the Hydronic system and it no longer works. It goes through two light off cycles and shuts down with an alarm. Same red light in the bay.

Why will the system work without the exhaust pipe installed but not work when I reinstalled the line? Too much back pressure from the exhaust line? Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any tips
Coach #10984
apatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2017, 09:37 PM   #2

Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with the exhaust.

Sounds like to me it's the photo-eye. If it doesn't see a flame it will restart, but after the third time it doesn't see a flame it shuts down the system, and sounds the alarm.
The photo eye is one of those parts that will work, and then not work.

Call Jim @ Rixen Enterprises as he still has parts. He will also help you in diagnosing over the phone.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:30 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Here is a good video from ITR on troubleshooting.
Training Videos – Itrheat
Old 09-11-2017, 04:39 AM   #4

Sounds like your "muffler" is clogged. If clogged it would impede proper airflow and not allow it to light. Un hook it again and try it. The old two stroke golf carts had the same problem, they would get full of carbon. One method was to buy a new one or put it in a bon fire and get it red hot thus burning out the carbon.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat