Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcantrell52 View Post
Mr_D,
Cummins uses a wet PTO versus the dry PTO of CAT. ...
Sincerely,
Reese Cantrell
CAT's do not by definition come with a PTO, wet or dry. It's configurable. Our C-12 has a wet PTO as it was originally built by Country Coach. Country Coach issued a recall on the dry PTO's and converted those to wet PTO's for owners who responded. At least for as long as they were in business. Of course that does not mean that every dry PTO out there has been converted. Owners who greased their dry PTO's in accordance with the PM schedule may still have a functioning dry-PTO-engine. Wet PTO kits can be retrofitted to dry PTO engines for a nominal cost. "Nominal" being relative to motor home service costs in general. I think I've seen accounts of people getting it done for ~$700.

As for "build sheets"; The $30 sheet from Country Coach for our coach was useful only for trying to estimate price. It is five pages of colors, textures, fabrics, and options by name like you'd see in the Kelly Blue Book. "Electric Patio Awning" for example. No make, model, serial number, etc. A good set of pictures will tell you about as much. What you really want is an image of the sticker on the back of the medicine cabinet door. It has make, model, and serial number of the major components. You can download owner's manuals for most of the items using that information. There's also a sticker with the GVW and CCC component numbers.

FWIW

Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2015, 10:38 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoDave View Post

As for "build sheets"; The $30 sheet from Country Coach for our coach was useful only for trying to estimate price. It is five pages of colors, textures, fabrics, and options by name like you'd see in the Kelly Blue Book. "Electric Patio Awning" for example. No make, model, serial number, etc. A good set of pictures will tell you about as much. What you really want is an image of the sticker on the back of the medicine cabinet door. It has make, model, and serial number of the major components. You can download owner's manuals for most of the items using that information. There's also a sticker with the GVW and CCC component numbers.

FWIW
Unit has the optional ISX 650 Cummins and Allison 4000MH, not the standard CAT and CAT trans.
I did have them take a picture of the sticker in the med cabinet. I also have the build sheet with the CC unit # and VIN, plus the info printed out from the CC website. Have started downloading the manuals for what I can find. The dish is a MotoSat unit and they went out of business in 2013.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:44 AM   #17

Mr. D
When I got my coach it had the Motostat system and when having work done in Junction City I drove over to Oregon RV Satellite Service - MotoSat Dealer and talked to the owner and all the hoops I would have to go through, then all the updates to the system, not for me so I had the boys at Kustom Coach Works install the Dish Traveler 1000 works great. I got all the stuff on sale and they installed it.
Are you getting closer to being a new owner of that good looking coach.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:01 AM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Mr. D
When I got my coach it had the Motostat system and when having work done in Junction City I drove over to Oregon RV Satellite Service - MotoSat Dealer and talked to the owner and all the hoops I would have to go through, then all the updates to the system, not for me so I had the boys at Kustom Coach Works install the Dish Traveler 1000 works great. I got all the stuff on sale and they installed it.
Are you getting closer to being a new owner of that good looking coach.
2 stroker
What sat carrier were you trying to use? The Magna has DirectTV receivers in it and that's what we have at home. The receivers are HD and even have the cards in them but they're probably dead by now. No idea what model they are and they might not even work anymore.

Getting closer, but waiting for one more finance place to get back to them. You know, we can pay cash for this but don't want to take that much out of one of the annuities. Might have to rethink that as not having a payment would be nice. Need to talk to our broker as there are some penalties for taking money out. Plus it's kind of up to the DW too.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
What sat carrier were you trying to use? The Magna has DirectTV receivers in it and that's what we have at home. The receivers are HD and even have the cards in them but they're probably dead by now. No idea what model they are and they might not even work anymore.

Getting closer, but waiting for one more finance place to get back to them. You know, we can pay cash for this but don't want to take that much out of one of the annuities. Might have to rethink that as not having a payment would be nice. Need to talk to our broker as there are some penalties for taking money out. Plus it's kind of up to the DW too.
Mine had DirectTV also and we have Dish at home but it was the box for the dish about $400 to make it work then needed updates now and then and new stuff on the dish to get Dish TV. That is why I went new.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:49 AM   #20

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Mine had DirectTV also and we have Dish at home but it was the box for the dish about $400 to make it work then needed updates now and then and new stuff on the dish to get Dish TV. That is why I went new.
2 stroker
I guess we'll cross that "bridge" when we get there!

Tags
leveling