Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What if CC Starts Building again??

I've been reading various threads about the 2015 Monaco Dynasty where loyal Monaco owners have not always been complimentary of the use of a FL chassis (and calling it a Roadmaster). Also, there are obvious comparisons to the previous Monaco's.

So I wonder how loyal CC owners will respond if CC really does get something new out the door? Will CC use their own Dynomax chassis or opt for a 'customized' Spartan or Freightliner (kiss of death )?

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #2

CC did build a coach on a Freightliner chassis. It didn't last long.

There will be those loyal to CC and will fork over an exorbitant amount of money for a new one but not me. I also doubt a new coach is anywhere in the near future.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
CC did build a coach on a Freightliner chassis. It didn't last long.

There will be those loyal to CC and will fork over an exorbitant amount of money for a new one but not me. I also doubt a new coach is anywhere in the near future.
I agree. We could have bought new this last time but I just refused to spend that kind of money on a rapidly depreciating asset. We just don't have to have 'new' and are perfectly happy with our 7 year old gently used coach. DW insisted on a new mattress and I insisted on new tires. Dealer provided both. Plus we have no payments .
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #4

Plenty of people like to buy new and have the money to do so. I think new motorhomes made by Country Coach will be well received. I have heard that both a high end and a lower end coach are planned.

I have no crystal ball to predict if CC will build new ones or not, but if they do I think they will sell.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #5

Who cares. Just buy a Newmar. There's plenty of other quality brands to take over. We don't need another GM for our grands to pay for. How stupid! GM not CC.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:44 PM   #6

Just was at the factory yesterday and they said waiting on funding. I would love to see a new coach come out tired of hearing about funding for the last few years. I think if you would throw a proto type out there interest would create funding.Love my coach but need a upgrade path to what I believe in. It was great to see what once was walking around the site.

Have money will invest let's see the coach
Ssgritton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 PM   #7

Ron Lee has been "waiting on funding" since he bought most of the assets. I'm not holding my breath
Old 03-12-2014, 06:18 AM   #8

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Who cares. Just buy a Newmar. There's plenty of other quality brands to take over. We don't need another GM for our grands to pay for. How stupid! GM not CC.
Newmar makes fine coaches, but to compare a Newmar to a CC you would have to look at Mountainaire and above Newmar models. The lower end CC models were comparable to the higher end Newmar models.

The Newmar King Aire would be compared to the Magna or Affinity. Some have tried to compare the Newmar Essex to the Magna, and it's close, but the Magna is more full featured.

I think I read that Ron has hired a separate company to assist with securing financing. It seems bankers are somewhat leery at providing financing for high end coaches.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:06 AM   #9

When did CC stop production?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #10
laj

early 2010 I believe
Old 03-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #11
JDA

I was at the factory last month and they told me that they shut down in 2007. They said that they had 1800 employees at one time and now have 50 employees doing maintenance, repair and upgrades.
I would bet that they would never start production and build the quality coach that they built in the past. I am not in the financial bracket to buy their new coach or anyone else's and would not invest in any motorhome company in today's market.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #12

KSCRude - Perhaps some people, myself included, think Country Coach made a rig more suitable to their needs than Newmar back when we were buying. That said, if I were going to buy a new coach today Newmar would be one of those I would consider. If their factory was closer to my location it would help.

I am happy there are still 3 major US makers of cars. Having GM still be in business means our "grands" will have more choices. Plus they will be able to buy vehicles designed here, made here, and serviced here. I currently drive a Jeep because Jeeps are great tow cars and an absolute lot of fun to drive. It was designed, made, and serviced here by Americans. I am also quite happy the government arranged for Jeep to still be here.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDA View Post
I was at the factory last month and they told me that they shut down in 2007. They said that they had 1800 employees at one time and now have 50 employees doing maintenance, repair and upgrades.
I would bet that they would never start production and build the quality coach that they built in the past. I am not in the financial bracket to buy their new coach or anyone else's and would not invest in any motorhome company in today's market.
No, Country Coach closed the doors in 2010. You will see 2007-2010 models of Country Coaches for sale on the net--as well as earlier models, of course.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post

I think I read that Ron has hired a separate company to assist with securing financing. It seems bankers are somewhat leery at providing financing for high end coaches.
This is the program that Ron is trying to use for financing.
EB-5 visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last he told our club is that the $$ he was looking for was from China