Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2019, 05:35 PM   #1

What model CC is this and what type of chassis does it have?

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/r...997375370.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	00z0z_cDooWL0gTSB_600x450.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	263846

My thinking is, at 18K, I can have plenty for repairs and still get a quality coach for under 40K. I'm not traveling cross country, just moving North and South in AZ to avoid extreme heat. I've lived in small travel trailers before, so this seems spacious. At first I thought this was a Magna, but now I'm not so sure.

Thank You!!
ullefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2019, 05:48 PM   #2

If’s is clean as it looks and I lived closer to it I would go take a look
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:03 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Don't know the model but it is on a Gillig chassis. Could be a 3208 Cat motor. Based on the paint, I'd say Magna or Affinity
Old 10-16-2019, 07:18 PM   #4

Did Country Coach build the "Concept" back in '92? It's got that "feel" to it...
Old 10-16-2019, 08:39 PM   #5

It is not a concept, it is one of the very early CC models on a Gillig chassis
Coaches of that vintage are generally not worth much regardless of condition.
Even the Concepts "which I have" are pretty low in value.
I do not know much about that coach but I would say parts are readily available for mine except some parts from CC.
And there is little documentation for mine, for that one there is probably none.
Jut my opinion but I might want something a tiny bit newer and they can be found in that price range.
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntrylife View Post
It is not a concept, it is one of the very early CC models on a Gillig chassis
Coaches of that vintage are generally not worth much regardless of condition.
Even the Concepts "which I have" are pretty low in value.
I do not know much about that coach but I would say parts are readily available for mine except some parts from CC.
And there is little documentation for mine, for that one there is probably none.
Jut my opinion but I might want something a tiny bit newer and they can be found in that price range.
Thanks for the info. The Concept models are attractive to me (I'm a couple years from moving up from my Class C) and now I know they go back further than I'd thought!

Gillig? That unit will run forever with proper maintenance and I'd bet that Gillig has chassis parts still available.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:37 PM   #7

Wow!! You guys are terrific. Had no idea this forum was so active. My main issue was the Gillig chassis. I knew that was a possibility. I thought that "strange" roof line was a clear indicator of model; however, from the responses it's not so simple.

Cntrylife, thanks for being the voice of reason. I want to just jump without thinking. My plan is, if tires are under 6 years and okay and there is no evidence of water damage (shouldn't be if it was stored covered, as said.) I'm going to try for 17K. I know there's still a lot that can be wrong, but I just feel at that price it's worth a shot.

Thanks again to all who responded!!
Old 10-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #8

There is nothing wrong with a Gillig chassis. They have been making them for years and still make them for buses.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #9

The Gillig chassis is a real bus chassis
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
The Gillig chassis is a real bus chassis

Yes! And unlike Country Coach, Gillig Brothers are still in business.

If there is no water damage, no rodent damage, the brakes work and the drive train is operational, this might be a fun project. Or it could drive you nowhere but Crazy town.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:50 PM   #11

Always thought CC was at least halfway up the quality ladder. I know the Gillig chassis is good. Drove several gillig busses on the A&M campus. They just keep rebuilding the body's and put them back in service. Really like the CC coaches. If I weren’t driving a 06 Patriot Thunder that’s a take it and use it as long as you want I would be looking at them
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:36 PM   #12

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I WANTED a Gillig chassis. That's the main reason I put it up here for members' feedback. I knew Gillig was used on older CCs; but thought this might be a Freightliner(?) or something I hadn't heard of. That's what separates these coaches from older ones made by Fleetwood et. al. You have a good base to build on. (At least that's my theory. Talk to me in 5,000 miles.)

Thanks guys!!
Old 10-18-2019, 07:06 PM   #13

There is a really nice concept by me for sale for 27 you could probably get it for tueni just sayin
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:41 PM   #14

That’s a Country Coach Savannah or New Orleans with a 3208 Cat motor built on a Gillig chassis. Unfortunately I don’t think this is a valid ad. I tried contacting the seller a few weeks ago and could not get a reply. I also tried to see if it was maybe listed on consignment in the Phoenix/Mesa Arizona area, but came up with nothing. These were built in parallel with the Concept and were only a short step down compared to the Concept. Interior finishes, cabinetry and general systems were mostly identical to the Concept. The Concept had several upgrades such as tile, air leveling, larger generators and basement air all available as options. I believe CC began building these in ‘87 or ‘88 while the first Concept came on the scene as an ‘89 model. All of these early models can be a great value if you enjoy working on the multiple systems which may have been neglected over the years. I’ve had to do some level of work on every single system on my ‘90 Concept and parts are available. Just don’t make the mistake I made and be sure to get fluid samples analyzed. Doing this would have save me a $22k in-frame engine overhaul, more than I paid for the coach. If the engine and transmission are in good shape the coach can last for many many more years. I don’t know anything about the Cat 3208, but I’ve never heard anything negative about them.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis