Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2015, 07:45 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
whats the best way to sell my CC

Hi everyone,

We purchased our 04 Allure last October and the DW and I are just starting to realize it might not be for us just yet. We have twin 9 year old boys who seem to enjoy the hotels more than the CC when traveling. So my question is what do you think is the best avenue to pursue to sell this beautiful machine? RV Trader was the only thing that came to mind so far.

Thank you as always for your helpful advise,
Michaeljsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2015, 08:00 AM   #2

Craigslist, especially if you are near large metro areas. You can advertise it in multiple metro areas near you. (For instance I'm in Austin,TX but will post in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin).

I've sold 2 RVs this way with no hassle at all.

Just ignore any scam emails. In your post state that they should respond with a phone number that you can reach them at, or you will ignore the email.

State you want cash, and if they need financing they need to get that sorted out prior to the sale.

Meet at your bank to do the final sale transaction. Confirm with the bank ahead of time if there will be any sort of hold on the money. Don't sign the title over until the cash is yours to spend.
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:37 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
How many times have you had the boys out camping? Introducing them to the GREAT OUTDOORS might take a couple of trips. If you and your wife really enjoy the CC and want to travel a lot with it, well then the boys will just have to get used to it.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:43 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I started RV'ing when I was 10 and my parents rented a 17' TT. By 21 I had my own TT and have never been without and RV since. Take them out a few more times, try a "destination" park where they have kids activities. We did that with the two grandkids we're raising although the oldest is 22 and has left. The youngest is 15 and is OK with it but does get bored.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #5

We had great trips local and long distance with our kids while they were growing up and now we are taking the grandkids with us. Started in a tent/ popup/ 5th wheel and now Motorhome. Some of the best memories I have with them. You have to find ways to make them enjoy the trips. Fishing, hiking, bike riding, kayaking, photography, nature centers... so much to do and to have them without phones and limited TV. If they are not enjoying it then you are not getting them and yourselves envolved enough. IMO
Old 08-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
But to actually answer your question: here are a few suggestions: the first of course is right here on irv2.com under classifieds.
other sites are: Motorhomes for sale - RV Online

Thousands of New & Used RVs for Sale on RVT.comĀ® - Travel Trailers, Motorhomes, Campers and More - Sell an RV Online

RVs - Fleetwood, Airstream, Winnebago, Forest River Newmar, and Other RVs for Sale - RVTrader.com

Used Class A Motorhomes For Sale - GreatVehicles.com Class A Motorhome Classified Ads

RV, Motorhome, and Travel Trailer Classifieds | RVRegistry.com

https://motorhomefinders.com/

Good luck in what ever you decide. Bob
Old 08-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #7

Hotels have elevators and other interesting things but campgrounds can have many things never found in hotels so wait on selling and look for better campgrounds.

Hotels also have wifi and may be digital fun there.

Internet is fun but exposure to the outdoors is something that needs to happen in youth!

Go unwired....
Old 08-12-2015, 08:25 AM   #8

IRV2 Classifieds, RV Trader and as mentioned Craigslists within your region. You have a few ways to go on this, as far as getting the RV ready to sale:

1) Get all systems up and running. Freshly service all areas like Oil, Lube, Filters, Air Cartridge, Hydro Hot, etc. Having the unit professionally detailed and carpets cleaned are a positive. Take an honest look at the age of your tires and batteries. When determining the price, mention any credits/discounts for ager related items. (Example: If the tires are 3 years old, credit/discount $3K from the asking price, to reflect the ties are half way thru their service life. Same kind of thing with batteries. Does not need to be exact, but it shows a potential buyer that you have priced based upon life expectancy of these expensive items.) Be reasonable on your pricing. Figure what it is worth in todays market, and price accordingly.

2) Leave everything as is, document what is needed to be done to a buyer. And price lower to accommodate these things. Explain to a potential buyer, that this allows them to have things done they way they want to.

3) Consigned sales can cost you some money, but, it also can move the coach and bring it to a larger audience. But go with a well established firm, and carefully understand the ramifications of insurance coverage while on consignment. (Some people, just do not have the time to handle selling a coach. And consignment is a way to go.)

Best of luck to you. The 04 Allure, I always felt was the second sweetest buy-in level to CC's coaches. I personally felt that the Intrigue, with option CAT, was the best bang of the buck in the 2004-2005 years. One positive on the 04, is it has less smog stuff on the Cummins. That was one of the reasons I purposely dropped to the year ranges of 2003-2005, to avoid the first wave of major smog changes in many years. By then, these engines were very mature in their lifecycle. With the biggest change in 04 to the Cummins ISL being the Variable Geometry Turbo vs the pervious CAPS era ISL. Good chance your coach may have that VGT. (Ours did not, but it had a build date of Sept 2003, and the ISL had a build date of July 2003 - even though it was a 2004 model High Cascade Allure.)

Good luck!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote