Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #1

Where is the 3rd air admittance valve?

on my intrigue, i have found 2 air admittance valves - one is under the bathroom sink, another is under the kitchen sink. now i am trying to find the 3rd. i have read somewhere that the 3rd for w/d is behind the drawers in bathroom, well, i have checked there but none. i have replaced both admittance valves but the stinky smell comes back (seems like from under the bathroom sink area). hopefully someone here knows it and can shed some light.

my floorplan is exactly like this:

i am also thinking the possibility of cracks on grey tank. how to access it? the compartment where the water inlets and black tank/grey tank valves are located appears to be glued up. am i looking at a wrong place?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I think we have only the two you mentioned. Did you check behind the washer/dryer? I don't remember one there but I don't go sticking my head behind it very often

Old 08-03-2015, 08:34 AM   #3
KIX

You likely have a flex hose that connects waste tanks to blade valves. Perhaps leaking there.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
...i have replaced both admittance valves but the stinky smell comes back (seems like from under the bathroom sink area). hopefully someone here knows it and can shed some light.

my floorplan is exactly like this:

i am also thinking the possibility of cracks on grey tank. how to access it? the compartment where the water inlets and black tank/grey tank valves are located appears to be glued up. am i looking at a wrong place?
Unless the odor is more noticeable outside the coach than inside I doubt that you have a crack or other air leak at the grey tank. Here's an image of a problem we had with the grey tank vent pipe separating. The odor was noticeable outside but little to none on the inside. Could not hurt to look, though. This vent pipe was positioned directly under the area where your closet-shower-sink are located. The panels covering this area on our coach are held in place by velcro and small wing nuts located behind the basement door.

Check the connections from the sink drain to P trap and beyond as far as practical. Depending on your grey tank location with respect to wet bay, that sink drain may run under the refer before dropping though the floor like ours does.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #5

thank you all for the info!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Did you check behind the washer/dryer? I don't remember one there but I don't go sticking my head behind it very often
my w/d were in place but never been connected to water/plumbing. when i removed them, i noticed a 1" diameter about 2' long vertical black pipe connected to p-trap behind the shower wall. at the time, its upper end was wrapped with a plastic bag. i thought it might have been the drain pipe so i got a cap from home depot and sealed it off completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
You likely have a flex hose that connects waste tanks to blade valves. Perhaps leaking there.
possible. i will have to open the section up so to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoDave View Post
Unless the odor is more noticeable outside the coach than inside I doubt that you have a crack or other air leak at the grey tank. Here's an image of a problem we had with the grey tank vent pipe separating. The odor was noticeable outside but little to none on the inside. Could not hurt to look, though. This vent pipe was positioned directly under the area where your closet-shower-sink are located. The panels covering this area on our coach are held in place by velcro and small wing nuts located behind the basement door.

Check the connections from the sink drain to P trap and beyond as far as practical. Depending on your grey tank location with respect to wet bay, that sink drain may run under the refer before dropping though the floor like ours does.
looks like it does happen. in my case, when i parked in rv park, no smell inside out. once i get on highway, no matter i shut all windows or kept windows open, the smell was strong. when windows were open, the smell was even stronger, i guess it may be due to negative pressure sucking the smell in.

there is a panel covering entire wet bay (water inlets and disposal vales). the outer edge is silicon glued but there are a few screws holding it on to the frame. i have been reluctant but looks like i would have to open it up regardless so to know for sure what is happening there. will get you all back with more info... thanks again.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #6

i was in country coach early this week. i talked with john the foreman. he told me to try capping the one under the sink, and i did. i was on my way to portland just now, viola, cruising on highway no smell!! apparently, the new valve i put on didnt do the job. lesson's learned - things from home depot/lowes for stick and brick may not be adequate for rvs, though bearing the correct spec. only get ones designed with exact intentions.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #7

Glad you found the culprit. I got my replacements from Home Depot, the more expensive ones and so far so good.
2000 Country Coach Intrigue #11075
stkhlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkhlm View Post
Glad you found the culprit. I got my replacements from Home Depot, the more expensive ones and so far so good.
maybe i got the cheap one? ok i will go back to check if the more expensive one works better.