Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #1

Where to go for maintenance in Oregon?

I'm going to be in Oregon next week and wanted to get some maintenance work done on my Country Coach. Where would be the best place to go, Bob Venson at RCV Co. or just taking it to Country Coach facilities and have John Manual work on the coach?

Thank you all for all of your inputs that you have answered for me. Tim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #2

OMC, Oregon Motor Coach, hands down!

Best to you,
Smitty

Old 05-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #3

Tim - In fairness. What kind of work are you looking for? Junction City has lots of good shops, depending on what you are looking for....

OMC, IMO, is both 'One Stop Shopping'. Great place to stay as they do the work. And good people, from the great tech's, to Jim Cooley, to the new owner's The Carr's!

But, I admit that I may be biased... Update what you are looking for, and others may have other recommendations...
Smitty
Old 05-18-2016, 06:28 PM   #4

X2 on OMC. They have the super customer oriented attitude and treat customers as CC used to in the "old" days before the trouble.

Another option is Carrier and Sons. Have used them for years also. Nice folks, just a stones throw from OMC, same road.
CC Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #5

I just had a counter top stove cover made by OMC. Matt Carr was one of the best and easiest to work with. I would definitely take my coach there.

Tim, you better call ahead. I talked with Matt last week and they were busy and I know that Gary from Premier was busy as well
Old 05-18-2016, 10:02 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Like everyone said, OMC hands down.

Do you belong to a Country Coach brand specific club? If you don't, you are missing out on a 10% discount on parts
Old 05-18-2016, 10:06 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
OMC, Oregon Motor Coach, has been great. You can park overnight with free power and WiFi. Their service is top notch.
sfrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:45 AM   #8

Smitty, I'm having my coach serviced having the motor oil changed, transmission oil changed, radiator flushed, hydraulics fluids changed, dryer filter changed and all the filters on the coach changed. Also having all systems checked out on the coach. Would taking the coach to Bob Venson at RCV Co. in Junction City be a good place to have this service done?
Old 05-19-2016, 05:22 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Just my 2 cents but we had a great service experience at County Coach in Junction City in July 2014. They did a number of things and we were able to stay in their lot with 50 amp electric and they had water and a dump station. Not sure what their service status/location is now that Winnebago owns them and is making preparations for building coaches in that facility.

Based on the recommendations of so many on this forum, I believe OMC would now be my choice if I were to be in the area again and need service.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:41 AM   #10

I guess I am outnumbered here as I went to CC just two weeks ago. I could not be happier with their service.

Eric did an alignment, which you cannot meet a nicer guy. Not only did he align, he exercised the ride height control valves, to make sure they were functioning properly, and removed steering wheel and centered it perfectly. He took his time with me as we went over a few chassis related items. Cost 325.00

I then had them replace just the bottom seal on the main slide out, and they did an excellent job, cannot tell it was even done. Cornors were cut and glued to the side seals very neatly. Cost 162.00

Personally I consider all of us that live close to JC to be very lucky. It was one of the main reasons I bought a CC.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:29 PM   #11

Maintenance with Bob Venson at RCV Co.

Has anybody ever had any type of service done by Bob Venson at RCV Co. in Junction City Oregon? If so, how was his work and how fair was his pricing for the work?

Thank you all in advance for all of your inputs. Tim
Old 05-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by timneal49 View Post
Has anybody ever had any type of service done by Bob Venson at RCV Co. in Junction City Oregon? If so, how was his work and how fair was his pricing for the work?

What kind of work are you having done? That will make a difference in what I will tell you.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:02 AM   #13

I'm having a complete service, oil change, transmission change, radiator coolant changed, hydraulic fluids changed, and all systems checked out.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneal49 View Post

When we arrived in Junction City in July 2014, we had planned for Kevin Waite (K&M Mobile RV Repair) to take care of several items. At the time, Kevin and Bob were working together at the shop of another auto/diesel mechanic on the outskirts of Junction City. The shop and the location was a bit crude IMO but I do know they were doing a lot of work on coaches there.

Bottom line for us at the time, we were having some paint work done at County Coach and decided to have everything else done there. At least for me, if they are still working out of that same location, I would head to Oregon Motor Coach or one of the other shops that have large service bays and nicer facilities.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance