Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2018, 02:28 PM   #1

Who has experience with 36' Intrigue?

Can anyone comment on the quality of Allure & Aspire compared to Intrigue?

This is the intrigue I have my eyes on:
2003 Country Coach Intrigue First Avenue

But.. I am also open to a 36' coach as well.

The issue is finding the right model:

36'
400 hp from cat or cummins
2 front slides (or 4 total would be fine)
$130k or under if possible.

So, can anyone comment on the quality of Allure & Aspire compared to Intrigue?
Is there that much of a difference in build quality? In ride quality?
Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #2

I can comment on my 36' 2000 Allure. It doesn't have all the frills. I wish it had heated floors, but everything else is top notch. It is built like a tank, great quality.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #3

The intrigue is the sweet spot for CC
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:31 PM   #4

Kenai seems to specialize in the shorter CC's. They get a premium price but have good coach's that I've seen. I have the 40' version, same year.
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
The coach you linked to is a '32.

The Intrigue has more standard options than the Allure, I would not consider an Aspire.

On the one linked to, the ISL motor was a $7K option, thatr stupid little tray up front was a $500 option. The Hurricane heater was a $5K option. The heated floor was an after market add on, probably in the $10K range.

Nice looking coach but the couch is butt ugly.

This is one of Terry's coaches. I can say that if you buy one from him, you will get your money's worth. He has them gone thru by OMC and has everything fixed before he puts it up for sale. A very honest salesman.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:26 AM   #6

OMG! That thing must be like a rocket propelled mail box! LOL wow. Anyway, the year that this coach was built was in the good years of CC. I am probably sure that the quality of the Allure to the Magna and up are the same, quality wise. That is one beautiful coach. Not a fan of the table built into sofa but that is me. You have heated floors, solar and lots of beer, I mean um, food storage. Price is hefty but those coaches are in high demand I hear.

As I have said we love our allure and the build quality etc. I feel ours has a nice feeling inside with the real wood cabinets and the layout. I don't think you can go wrong on an older CC.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:13 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
We're on our 2nd one, a 2002. First one got totaled in a head on in Fl. The 36' can shoe horn into a lot of tight CG sites that you couldn't get a 40' into. I just had some work done at OMC and was blown away by all the coaches in their parking lot when we pulled in. 6 of them were Keni's. He has OMC do all the work on the coaches before he sells them. I realize the price seems high but considering all the work I had to have done on my 2nd coach to make it road ready I'm pretty sure that his prices are right in line with what you get. I don't think you'll be disappointed. By the way we've been most timing for 8 years. I think the only thing you should worry about is if the generator has low hours on it. If that's the case I'd have Cummins go through it with a fine toothed comb. I'm pretty sure Keni will have taken care of most to all of the rest. My 1st coach had a 400 Hp ISL and my current coach has a 370 HP ISL. I like the 370 hp more than the 400. It gets better fuel milage and it's been able to pull all the hills, passes, and steep grades we encountered from coast to coast and everywhere inbetween.
Good luck and happy hunting.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #8

Thanks everyone for your help!
Still trying to work something out with Terry for the 32' Intrigue.
Not much luck so I am going to keep looking while he decides
Old 12-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #9

Foretravel Owners Club
BIL (Bro in Law) has full timed in their '99 36' non slide since new..very few issues.
Note He had a 32' and was a bit too small for full timing, & he says that the 36' drives better without "porpoising"..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:01 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Why not 40'? Tons available,
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
Why not 40'? Tons available,
Wanting something more maneuverable for my wife..
Old 12-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner View Post
Wanting something more maneuverable for my wife..
If that is the reason, I'd say if she dares to drive a 32' she would have no problem driving a 40'.

My wife initially thought our 40' was intimidating. After a few times test drove it at an open land, she adapted it. Now she is driving just as comfortable as I do.

In a few occasions, I have seen new arrivers in RV parks wife dove even 45' back in while husband standing on the ground pointing with arm signs.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:49 AM   #13

How about a 37' Allure. DW has driven it over 35K miles. Finally put Koni EVO99 shocks on it and she is very happy.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #14

Concur the Intrigue is the sweet spot in the lineup. I know our 04 Allure is well built, has heated floors and Hydro hot. In that price range, I'd focus on Allure thru Magna. That being said, I've only met one Inspire owner that did not like his coach, and he seemed to have bought a neglected rig - so probably not fair. Probably most important after coach inside layout, is coach maintenance and condition. Happy hunting!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote