Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
Question Wholesale warranty help

Considering purchasing a 2007 Country Coach Intrigue. 35,000 miles. I am shopping for an extended warranty. I know it will be expensive, but the coach has some issues....it has the aluminum radiator, Cummins engine with serial number in the wrist pin issue recall block (recall mod sensor completed), and of course the PTO has never been converted. I think I have those issues considered in the pricing of the coach and may be willing to take the risks with a good warranty. We drove a 96 Affinity for 13 years/130,000 miles and just love the CC and really like this one. So my questions:

1. I have a quote from Wholesale Warranties for around $6,800 for 4 years. From what I read on this site and others that price is probably somewhat negotiable. The policy is with ProTrek. It is their Diamond exclusionary policy and Stephen of WW says I dont need collateral damage because everything is covered. Does that sound right? Anyone have knowledge of or experience with ProTrek? I don't see them in my online research so far.

2. Does anyone think I am absolutely crazy to be thinking about this coach? As I understand the wrist pin issue, most fail early (around 15K miles. But some have been known to go at 50K miles and some not at all. The sensor that monitors that failure and shuts down the engine before it blows has been installed, but....
According to my research, a take out and put back in overhaul is probably $30,000.

I would appreciate any comments on the warranty issue and/or purchase advice. Thanks, GGW

GGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
In addition to installing the red warning light Cummins also de-tuned the engine. Doesn't really say how and by how much. But the ISL 400 may only be an ISL 350, or less? Part of the NTSA letter below;

6. Remedy program.
Cummins will recalibrate the engine control module. Additionally, Cummins will
enhance the Engine Protection System enabling it to provide early detection of the
failure mode and avoid more serious engine damage and resultant safety hazard. This
will involve installation of a new valve cover with a crankcase pressure sensor. Prior to
failure, the new crankcase pressure sensor will provide a signal to the dash with a red
light. A red lamp gives an indication to the driver to stop the engine as soon as it can
safely be done The campaign will be completed without charge to engine owners.
Cummins notes and emphasizes that all covered vehicles involved in the campaign were
sold with a 5- year or 100,000 mile warranty and are estimated to have extensive
warranty coverage remaining on these engines to cover future repairs as needed.

You can see the entire letter here:

Cummins ISL Engine Recall

We still have the aluminum radiator in our 2007 Inspire with 80,000 miles and no indication of a problem yet. I did update the PTO to wet. Did it myself for less than $500.00.

07 Inspire 52059
BarneyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:17 AM   #3
Thank you. The NTSA letter was very informative. I did not understand what the "wrist pin" problem really was until I read the letter. Very helpful...thanks again GGW
Old 04-22-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
We have a policy thru Wholesale Warranties, and have used it only once in 3 years. The one time we did use it, it was for the residential fridge that went out on a Sunday. I could only get and answering service that lale afternoon, so went ahead and made appointment for Sears to come out Monday and fix the unit. Got a call from Wholesale Monday right after Sears had left and they approved the repair costs and paid it even though I did not have prior approval. He said that due to the nature of the problem, and the time it happened, no issue with not having prior approval to get the repair done. Very easy company to work with.
2012 Journey 40U (Our Incredible Journey)
2008 Dodge Dakota
2004 Subaru Baja
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:31 PM   #5
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by BarneyM View Post
In addition to installing the red warning light Cummins also de-tuned the engine. Doesn't really say how and by how much. But the ISL 400 may only be an ISL 350, or less?
The one that I know of went from a 425 to 415 hp. Not a great difference, might not even notice it.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #6
Need to verify as in writing the existing conditions part of the contract

Items you mentioned are known weak spots and may be considered as an existing condition.

Ask that they be listed as covered items in clear language in the contract so if and when they fail there are no questiins based on assumtions.
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:11 AM   #7
Thanks, that is a good idea. If they include the language, I am covered and dont have to worry. If they dont, then I will not buy.