Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2017, 10:49 PM   #15

Wally, we had a situation similar to yours where we wanted to boost our cell signal for data purposes thru our AT&T hotspot. I ended up purchasing a Pepwave Soho router and a SureCall Omni antenna along with a cable and a few adapters. The antenna with the adapter for the hotspot boosts the cell signal and with another adapter the cable can be attached to the router to provide a stronger signal from the normally useless park wifi. The antenna was attached on the roof directly above the AV cabinet to minimize the length of cable required, so far this setup has worked very well for us. In case you’re interested I purchased the gear from 3gstore.com, their sales support team was very helpful with questions and recommendations.

Graeme Arnott
07 Allure #31500
Triboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2017, 12:31 PM   #16

Very interesting. How was the antenna mounted to the roof? Is it portable?
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #17

Mine is permanently mounted to the roof, the antenna bracket is screwed down and a hole drilled through the roof for the cable, and lots of dicor. You mentioned portable, it could probably work you’d need to modify or change the bracket, easily purchased at a marine store, and purchase a separate cable, both of the adapters for cell and wifi would be the same.

Graeme Arnott
07 Allure #31500
Old 02-19-2017, 12:01 PM   #18

Sorry, portable was bad choice of word. According to the description its 9.5 inches tall, how does that work on the roof. I have no concept of what that would be like driving around with that mounted on the roof. Your answer is very intriguing.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #19

I haven’t measured it but I don’t think it’s any higher than the AC units. A couple of L brackets were attached to the mounting bracket that came with the antenna in order to mount it vertically on the roof. I considered mounting it on the Concord TV antenna to gain even better reception when the Concord was raised however the 3GStore thought that any reception gained would be nullified with a 30' plus cable, right now I think the cable I'm using is about 8-10'.

The rig is in the shop right now having a leak repaired, I’ll try to get a picture of it for you in the next few days if you’re still interested.

Graeme Arnott
07 Allure #31500
Old 02-20-2017, 07:24 AM   #20

Would appreciate the picture.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #21

Wally, here's a couple of pictures, let me know if I can give you anymore info.

Graeme Arnott
07 Allure #31500
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0026.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	152966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4422.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	152967  

Old 02-26-2017, 07:26 AM   #22

Thank you, looking to get more info at the FMCA Rally in Valley
Old 02-27-2017, 11:58 PM   #23

Yes, you need a cellular booster, not a WiFi extender. I have and recommend a a Maximum Signal. It's as powerful as the FCC allows. In fact, I have a 120VAC switch between the cord and my receptacle to turn it off if I'm parked in an area with good bars without it. Otherwise, its power may interfere with a tower and get me an FCC letter.

The outside antenna is a 14" spring on a magnet base. I stick it to an old 10" circular saw blade (thick and dense steel) under a steel pan which is screwed to roof and sealed. I brought the RG6 down a Jbox where the refer vent used to be, and on into the space above my DIY res fridge. I hung the box there and plugged into the refer duplex 120V. The outside antenna is above my hall between the Kitchen vent and rear A/C.

The inside antenna's RG6 was run through a hole in the side of the refer compartment, across behind the DS slide valance and into an OHC above,the Dvr seat. There, I ran it across the ceiling above the cockpit and stuck the antenna (upside down) to the ceiling. I covered the showing cable with a strip of wiring hider that matched my vinyl.

So far, I haven't noticed any RF interference with all the TV's and electronic equipment in the OHC's around cockpit. Time will tell.

Pebbledropper
2008 Country Coach Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31611 37' tag, Cummins ISL-400, Dish Trav'ler, MCDs, Techma, liftup Sony, fireplace, 1440W solar 600A lithium, 2014 JKUR
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:57 AM   #24

Thanks....