Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #1

Windshield gasket 1993 magna

I am considering changing out my windshield gasket because the rubber has shrunk and not sealing well. The gasket company is saying that my year coach has two seperate gaskets, but on my coach I have one large gasket with the left and right attached in the middle.

I am curious if the old owner replaced himself with the wrong type, or the gasket company is selling me the wrong type...

QUESTION: what windshield gasket do you have on your 93 magna?

bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #2

We have a 95 Affinity, but since they were built in the same line as your Magna, they should be the same. Our windshield gasket consist of a main gasket, with a cylindrical bead that goes in the middle of the main gasket--I guess it provided compression for the seal.

Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #3

Contact CC and see if they can provide correct part, or confirm what you are looking at.

Price may be better from CC with the discount.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #4

Our 92 has a one piece gasket joined in the middle,
The passenger side windshield keeps trying to pop out, I was wondering if a new gasket would fix this,
Did you get a new one for yours ? If so what is the cost?

The PO told me when you turn too sharp and ride up on a curb it tends to pop that side of the windshield out, just have to push it back in, seems to be getting worse,
Guess I should stay off the curb, but sometimes it can't be helped,
1992 Country Coach Magna 300 hp Cummins 4 speed Allison, 113,000 miles, Coach #4904.."Ramblin'" Rosie
benford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I would suggest a glass company that replaces windschields for busses, MH, other large vehicles. They are the experts.
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by benford View Post
Our 92 has a one piece gasket joined in the middle,
The passenger side windshield keeps trying to pop out, I was wondering if a new gasket would fix this,
Did you get a new one for yours ? If so what is the cost?

The PO told me when you turn too sharp and ride up on a curb it tends to pop that side of the windshield out, just have to push it back in, seems to be getting worse,
Guess I should stay off the curb, but sometimes it can't be helped,
I fund the gaskets at 182.00 per side. Mine has shrunk to the point that the rubber is not touching the body and now has 1/8" gap letting wind and probably water in. I have not ordered the gasket because the gasket people are saying it is a two piece, but it looks like one on my coach. I pealed it back in the middle and just see a rusty metal strip running vertically between the glass. So two seperate pieces would show a rusty metal gap which makes no sense to me.
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #7

OK , I see the strip in the middle, I suppose it is just glued in place and they are two separate gaskets,
My driver side looks fine but passenger side needs replacing, wonder who I can find for this job and how much will it cost?

Can you say "MONEY PIT"

My newest parts, ignition switch, ignition solenoid, fuel solenoid in Wyoming I got gouged for $450.00 for a $100 part on ebay, ANYHOO.....
Radiator hoses, antifreeze ( 10 Gallons of 50/50 mix ) used 9 and a half of them,
Now going to do the rear Differential , more money....
At least when I am home I can do all this myself, otherwise I would sellout HA! OK my rant is over.......
1992 Country Coach Magna 300 hp Cummins 4 speed Allison, 113,000 miles, Coach #4904.."Ramblin'" Rosie
Old 08-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #8

One more thing, I replaced all of the light bulbs in my basement storage compartments with LED bulbs, and replaced the fixtures on each side of engine bay, the old ones had melted lenses, found some six inch round fluorescent and led ones on ebay, really good lighting,

Anyway.....The PO had all the wires to these storage bay lights disconnected, The system check lady always says "exterior compartment is open" so I replaced the door buttons and bulbs , got all of them working, even the generator switch, and she still gives me the same message,

OH how I have come to loathe that womans voice....

am I missing something? any input is greatly appreciated.

Just realized I went off topic on this thread..very sorry for that.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Windshield gasket can be replaced by any shop that replaces big vehicle windshields. I have used a local outfit to replace our glass. You may have to wait until they find the appropriate gasket once they have the numbers from your windshield. The numbers are on the bottom outside corners of the glass.
There is a unique right and left number.

The lady in the overhead dash (voicebox), thinks a compartment is open if the pin switch does not turn off the light when the compartment door is closed. I have disconnected the engine compartment lights and the front driver side utility bay lights for that reason. Be sure the plunger on the pin switch is being depressed by the compartment door.

Actually, I have used replacement switches and moved existing switches to that forward bay, but cannot get the light to turn off by manually pushing the switch to the off position.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote