Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:23 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree he should be sitting down with Ron and whomever engineers, coach builders are left at CC and find out the what, why and how of CC build techniques.

For example, I would not be interested in any CC where the sidewalls are attached to the coach floor with sheet metal screws screwed in from the side. That is how my previous DP (Winnebago Journey) was put together. I discovered that when I could sit on the toilet, look down and see the road thru a 1/2" gap between the side wall and the floor . #8 sheet metal screws spaced about 8" apart along the bottom of the wall, many rung off by the factory. I fixed it and, overall, the coach was OK for what I paid, but those are the kind of things they should not duplicate in any new CC.

If the Dynomax chassis was/is really better/stronger than the best FL or Spartan is building, then they should continue with that. What I have read about the Dynomax certainly suggests it is a superior platform but that would need to be determined by experts.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2016, 06:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
If the Dynomax chassis was/is really better/stronger than the best FL or Spartan is building, then they should continue with that. What I have read about the Dynomax certainly suggests it is a superior platform
Exactly. That's the type of IP (Intellectual Property) that separates CC from the rest. Look how much time and money Tiffin (another builder of fine coaches IMO) is putting into developing their PowerGlide chassis. Winnebago gets this "for free" with the CC Dynomax chassis and can use the advantages that come with that chassis to separate themselves from the FL heard.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:49 PM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This was posted in another thread on the CC forum:
Winnebago banking on Lane County to help it grow | Business | Eugene, Oregon
This is what I like about the article:
Quote:
“It completes the entire cycle of motor home ownership; we’re excited to get there,” he said. “We hope to get there sooner rather than later, but we want to make sure we get it right. (Country Coach) motor homes have a distinct following and a high level of expectation of superiority and reliability.”
Country Coaches last came off the assembly line in 2009. Electronics and entertainment systems have advanced dramatically since then, so those components probably will be the biggest change in the new *Country Coaches, Degnan said.
“What won’t change is the DNA of what Country Coach was, and that DNA was a superior chassis with a superior ride and suspension and the highest quality interiors available in the industry,” he said.

One of the main reasons Winnebago wants to revive the Country Coach brand is its “fabulous reputation,” Degnan said.

An estimated 8,000 to 10,000 Country Coach motor homes still are on the road, he said. Their owners are “a very loyal, passionate group, and we’d love to bring them into the greater Winnebago family and be able to produce a luxury motor home to the level they are accustomed to.”
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:43 PM   #18

I for one am an optimist and am happy that Winnebago has bought CC. I have already joined the WIT (Winnebago Club) and plan to go to the Winnebago Grand National Rally this summer in Iowa.

What happens happens. I am looking forward to seeing the Winnebago plant.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
I for one am an optimist and am happy that Winnebago has bought CC. I have already joined the WIT (Winnebago Club) and plan to go to the Winnebago Grand National Rally this summer in Iowa.

What happens happens. I am looking forward to seeing the Winnebago plant.
That's a very good attitude and I think that you'll really enjoy the Grand National Rally. The plant tour is fantastic and the Winnebago folk (and all Iowans) will treat you royally. Welcome to the WIT(& CC) Club!

PS-Since CC is now a Winnebago company I now can divulge that for the past year I have been checking RVTrader.com for used CC's. I like them a lot and now I don't have to feel guilty for "cheating" on Winnebago!
Old 01-26-2016, 08:36 PM   #20

I really want Winnebago to succeed in reviving CC, I just do not think that is what will happen. I took the email address for Ryan Roske and replied with some of the things we have seen in our 16 years as RV'ers. We will see if anyone replies and if they do I will move the note to this web site. While I am sure everyone concerned at Winnebago is very busy I do not expect a reply. I hope I am incorrect. If they dump the chassis that will likely be the break even point for me. The chassis and the side wall construction/attachment is one of the reasons we did not purchase an Entegra a couple of years ago.

gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago