Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2018, 08:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alang View Post
As for the combination... haven't seen it yet. But it might be. I have no idea what to do if it's not, though.

I didn't have the combination to my safe so I tried "1234" and wallah, Open sesame! It's the default if nobody has changed it. Good luck!!
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2018, 09:14 PM   #16

That's a fine looking rig! I really love the clean lines.

Sorry to hear the repair shop got you. I hope at least they did good work and got you on the road safely.

Congratulations on the nice looking ride!
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:23 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alang View Post
Thanks! How long do you find that the wax lasts?
I have used the Zep Wet Look for about 5 years.

The original application is 4 or 5 coats. A very thin coat wiped onto the area with a rag that has no weave pattern. (A man's t shirt works well.) The wax will start peeling if not maintained.

At least one application per year thereafter. If you do not like the result, then remove the Zep with Ammonia or the $10/gallon Zep Wax Remover from Lowes or Home Depot.

Here is a picture of all four situations in sequence.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010549.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	216656

Forward is Zep Wet Look. Rear is Gel Coat with no covering. Middle is new Clear Coat.

Bottom is old Clear Coat.

A gallon should last several years on your rig.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brob View Post
That's a fine looking rig! I really love the clean lines.
Thanks! Me too. I have to admit, it was a big part of what made me choose this one. Silly, but every time I look around at all of the RVs and trailers around me in a park I tend to think, 'ew'. And I look at the insides and think, "Yeah, even if this costs me another $30,000 to get it into tip-top shape, it was the right choice." After all, I already have an ugly apartment in an ugly building (rent controlled, downtown San Francisco, worth it!) so I might as well have somewhere nice to live when I'm on the road.

Quote:
I hope at least they did good work and got you on the road safely.
Well, now, there's a thing. It seems that there was an iffy air hose back in my engine compartment, and when they recharged the AC and fixed the leaks, they seem to have torqued it badly. I'm sure they didn't notice, hoses flex all the time, but they should have noticed the consequent air leak, loud as it was. (Of course, not being used to the sounds of the vehicle, I had no idea that wasn't 'normal'.)

The air compressor was able to compensate, right up until the middle of Wyoming, when the whole thing went boom.

Fortunately, there were some amazingly awesome people at an amazingly awesome 24-hour truck repair place: mom and son ran into town to get a part while dad worked, fixed the leak, replaced yet another hose that was also toast, and then told me that my air-bag levelers were set wrong and that was why my coach was leaning to the side so much (which I'd noticed but put down to parking lots not being level, which let's face it they never are). And then he set them for me. When I asked him what I owed him, he was ready to tell me to just pay him for the parts but I am not that much of a dick. I still ended up paying less than $120, with $40+ of that being parts.

If you're ever doing 80 through Wyoming, get off at exit 41. There's a great little greasy spoon, the diesel is cheap, and the folks at the repair shop will treat you great.

Quote:
Congratulations on the nice looking ride!
Thanks!
alang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonS View Post
I didn't have the combination to my safe so I tried "1234" and wallah, Open sesame! It's the default if nobody has changed it. Good luck!!
Turns out it wasn't the default, but it turns out the combination was crammed into the compartment along with the safe. I still can't open it, but that's because in order to even see the thing I have to support an entire memory foam (ugh!) mattress on my back for the entire time, and those things are HEAVY. And also uncomfortable IMO. Oh well, yet another thing to spend money on when I have some again.
alang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:15 PM   #20

And Another Concept gets a new forever home

Great coach, we love ours when we are not mad at it or vice versa.

They are a tank and between a few of us on here we have basically been through them from top to bottom.

Be cautious of repair places, they usually don't know CC and can do more harm than good in some cases (like mine)
Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. How old are your tires? several of the things you have mentioned are deferred maintenance type things
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote