Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to DoubleCK
Your Tire Pressure?

Tire Pressure? 2005 40' Inspire w/ new Toyo 11R 22.5, M154s.

I did the search and study. I understand the process of weighing and calculation once the coach is loaded. In the mean time I am looking for a place to start.

Anyone out there with a similar Country Coach mind sharing what you have found to be ....... Just Right?

Thanks,

C&K

DoubleCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
I think my Inspire had something recommending 120 lbs all around but now I have Michelins and after weighing each corner and checking Michelin web page for recommended pressure by axle for given load I use 115 on front axle and 110 for rear.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #3

Thanks John. Just the kind of good, first hand info I am looking for.

We don't yet have our Coach loaded heavy. Been running on the pressures as per the installing tire dealer. I am about to go out and check them to see what we got.

We have been running from 58 to 65 MPH. Below 57 or so and she sits in 5th gear. The Coach handles and rides great as is. Looking at setting up a TPMS and want to try to get the baseline set first.

Thanks again.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #4

There should be a plate left of the drivers seat that tells you the factory recommended settings. Try those first. I went to the factory last summer. They set my coach to the facotry recommended settings and the coach drove the best it ever has.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
There should be a plate left of the drivers seat that tells you the factory recommended settings. Try those first. I went to the factory last summer. They set my coach to the facotry recommended settings and the coach drove the best it ever has.
Until you get it weighed and can set the pressure correctly then do as above. The pressures on the plate are for the rig loaded to it's max. It's not correct but it's better than being too low!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
air pressures

We run an '04 Inspire with 11R22.5 Toyos at just under 12k on the front axle at 110# front and rear. It may not be right but it rides nicely, handles well, tires wearing evenly and no sidwall cracks or blisters or river wear in the tread. You might want to check your overall height as we seem a little tall at 12'10" with the 11R22.5 tires. Might be a problem if you go East?
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #7

Thanks chuydog! Our rough hieght measurement came up at 12' 9'. Certainly something to pay close attention to.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mine is the 36 ft version so it is obviously a bit lighter. My weight per scale is 10K front and 20K rear so I set my front tires at 83 and rears at 88 as per the tire chart. Thus my tire pressures are far below others who have commented. Am I missing something? This even considers a few additional pounds, which a fellow member humorously commented was recommended to account for "Walmart stops".

As I am on a long--15-20K miles--trip I sure want the tires at the correct pressure so if I have erred in my calcs please let me know. Thanks
colo.kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #9

I weighed my motorhome & then downloaded Michelins tire pressure chart. Lowered PSI on tires to the specs & it rode & handled much better.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #10

I have a 07 37' Tribute that also weighs 10k lbs on the front and 20k on the back. After following the charts for the 295 80x22.5 tires, I came up with 85psi for the front and rear. Before reducing to this level, Redlands did the alignment and the individual wheel weights and showed me the 85psi number. Everyone on these forums seems to agree that this is the correct method for setting the tire pressure.

After about 12,000 miles(and a very comfortable ride) I had some cupping on the outside and inside edges of the steer tires. I thought I needed another alignment or other work so I stopped at Premier RV(next door to Country Coach) in Junction City this summer. The Manager called over a Les Schwab rep from down the street who sold CC all their tires during the heyday. He took one look at the wear and said the tire pressure was too low. I told him how I got to that pressure and he said it was wrong and underinflated. Hard to argue when looking at these badly wearing tires.

I bought two new tires before leaving Oregon and inflate to 100psi(although the placard calls for 110 front and 105 rear). Rougher ride and I'm still not sure this is the right pressure. It is contrary to everything I read on this subject.

Jim Boguslaw
07 Tribute
Jim Boguslaw is offline   Reply With Quote