RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #29

There is a stainless wheel liner on the aluminum rim like you thought. I removed it with the 2 lugs, drove it a couple of miles and the clicking was gone. I cleaned it up and re-intalled and re-torqued. It was on really tight so maybe it was binding somewhere…..Thanks a lot you saved me a lot of time not having to go to the dealer…..

2015Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Your more than welcome. (I guess it's why they call me fixer.) I finally got to give back to a good forum. Hope it helps some of the others too.

FixerCQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #31

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
We hav e a new 2015. Only put 200 miles on it . Love the way it handles. Good smooth ride! Lots of power. Can't wait to get on the road.
mwwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #32

Hello there, am reconsidering the Jayco Seneca compared to a Newmar Class A diesel. Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to see and test drive one. Can any of you comment on comparisons? What is the quality of the cabinets, for example, and hardware? Newmar has a comfort drive, but would it be less useful on a Seneca for those of you who have driven a Newmar with Comfort Drive?

Can you tell me the cargo carrying capacity? Have any of you explored suspension upgrades? Any comments on engine noise...the newer gas rigs in a Class A are still noisier than a diesel, but I'm wonder where the Seneca would fit in noise-wise?
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #33

After much debate, we are deciding whether to go with the Jayco Seneca 37RB or the Newmar Ventana LE 3845, both diesels, but very different.......Does anyone have any experience with these two units in terms of drive, quality, fit/finish, value, etc.......I know Newmar is considered a top builder, but I believe Jayco makes a nice product in the Seneca......Thanks for any info you can share......
Marinaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
Hello there, am reconsidering the Jayco Seneca compared to a Newmar Class A diesel. Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to see and test drive one. Can any of you comment on comparisons? What is the quality of the cabinets, for example, and hardware? Newmar has a comfort drive, but would it be less useful on a Seneca for those of you who have driven a Newmar with Comfort Drive?

Can you tell me the cargo carrying capacity? Have any of you explored suspension upgrades? Any comments on engine noise...the newer gas rigs in a Class A are still noisier than a diesel, but I'm wonder where the Seneca would fit in noise-wise?
Cargo carrying exterior capacity is 127.4cuft. The FREDs are a little louder than DPs but the Seneca has the engine way out front, not up under the cab, so it should be quieter than a regular FRED. I can't imagine anyone needing a suspension upgrade. The rear is air, the front has a heavy duty stabilizer bar. It may ride a little stiffer than the comfort air. No one has complained about them wandering or being pushed around by other big rigs. From what I have gathered it is the transmission that is responsible for most of the extra noise in a gasser. They shift and rev more because the gas engine does not have as much torque.
FixerCQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:53 AM   #35

2014 Seneca

If your bed is on a slide-out like mine, you cannot add assisted lifts. The bed slides on the base. If you still want to try I have a set for sale Cheap!
Sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:26 AM   #36

As previous owners of a 2014 Seneca and current owners of a 2014 Newmar Dutch Star we strongly urge you drive both before making your decision. The Seneca was not right for us. The power, design, build quality, driveabliity and customer service of the Newmar are light years ahead of the Jayco Seneca. If you would like to talk to us please message me and I will message back contact info.
Tarabird48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #37

In the process of looking at a 2015 Seneca 37RB and a Newmar Ventana LE....very different units, but like both.......since you had Seneca and now Newmar, could you share the good, bad and ugly.....
thanks,
Ken
Marinaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #38

i am very much looking forward to hearing TARABIRD48's reply....Ride/drive, comfort for driver passanger, view enjoyablity in a class c vs class a, noise levels, problems or lack of, overall fit and finish, etc
LoneStarTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #39

With all the illegal texting and cellphone usage by some drivers on the roads, divided between you and them, in many cases, by only a double yellow line, I want the massive Cummins in front of me, thank you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarTex View Post
i am very much looking forward to hearing TARABIRD48's reply....Ride/drive, comfort for driver passanger, view enjoyablity in a class c vs class a, noise levels, problems or lack of, overall fit and finish, etc
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:11 PM   #40

I hear ya ROBERT L ....just wondering about the experience they had like others. They should have lots to say and we all learn so much when others share and not just bash like so much i have read online
Thanks
LoneStarTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:01 AM   #41

2015 37FS Issues

A couple of quick responses to the forum. We used the Seneca twice this winter (in the cold) and it performed admirably mostly(4 trips so far). Still working thru minor warranty issues. I am picky (I'm an aviator, go figure). Over Thanksgiving, our hot water heater didn't work. Service center couldn't find a problem...it worked fine for them. Hmmm...and clicking sound in hub was wheel simulator over lug nuts. Freightliner looked at it for days. Replaced some parts and it kept ticking. Finally removed simulator and "wha-lah!" Ironically, they found an issue with a warped brake they could not explain...and they replaced it. There are covers you can purchase to cover lugs and center hub individually, BTW.
We tow a 2009 Honda Pilot (8 seats) and I don't know it is back there. Great tow RV. And I get a ton of compliments on the truck front & RV. Everyone seems to love it. And yes, I also noticed while shopping for a year that the used Seneca's are almost as expensive as a new one...hence we got a new 2015. But, any new RV will have bugs to be worked out. A few other things I have done: Run cable to display satellite on rear TV, installed air horn (Hedley 2009A kit), installed tire pressure sensors and desire to upgrade Denver mattress (like everyone). We had a Select Comfort in previous RV (we installed). Anyone got a better plan that fits? And, there is a Freightliner recall for parking brake. Only takes a couple hours, but they have to order parts so coordinate ahead of time and you can wait on it. More to follow...off to Disney-Ft Wilderness with the crew. Will let everyone know how RV performs. Oh yeah, and the ride is really nice. Handles beautifully and did fine in the Smokey Mountains. 6000' Elev tops. Engine brake worked wonderfully down some steep 2-lane roads.
Viperfac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:15 AM   #42

And our rear king bed does not have shocks to raise up bed either. Might install later. We got the stackable washer/dryer (37FS). We love them! As a side note, when we first test drove a 2014 37FS, my wife noticed a "pressure differential" in cab and sofa area above 35ish mph that pressured her ears. Like opening only 1 window in your car at 60 mph. It annoyed her and we didn't buy that particular coach. After much research and Seneca MX shop discussions, we figured it out. The coach is so "tight" (read well built) and the engine so powerful, it creates a frequency harmonic in the coach that can be relieved by cracking a window in the back or opening your Bathroom vent to equalize pressure. Funny, that discovery cost me $10K as we passed on that 2014 (same paint scheme as my 2015) and got the same model coach in a 2015 4 month later. And we also found a whole in the mirror brackets that when plugged dampened the whistling sound, but did not make it completely go away. It is not annoying anymore though. Again, minor issues that we are working thru.

Viperfac is offline   Reply With Quote