Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #1

2014 Jayco Seneca

Just negotiated a deal on 37TS, Pick up December 27th. Looking for other owners of 2014 Senecas. Lets Camp!!
Florida Keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #2

Congrats on you new MH. Hope you have many happy years.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I expect you have been out in your new rig by now> Congats on your purchase. How are you finding it? We are very close to purchasing and would be grateful of your opinion. The Seneca just seems like the best one out there for us as far as I can see.
FixerCQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:59 PM   #4

I have a 2014 Jayco Seneca since the Tampa show and it has been perfect so far. We are currently on our way up the coast to PA. All systems work well so far. and very easy to drive.
Sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:15 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Sunbeam; That's what we want to hear. Just out of curiosity, which model did you get? We are tossing a coin over the RB and the FK.
Enjoy your trip up the East coast, and take your time, it's still cold up here.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #6

[QUOTE=FixerCQI;1974239]Hi Sunbeam; That's what we want to hear. Just out of curiosity, which model did you get? We are tossi a coin over the RB and the FK.
Enjoy your trip up the East coast, and take your time, it's still cold up here.[/QUOTE
Old 03-20-2014, 07:47 AM   #7

We got the rear bed room. Could not see the value of second bath. Also we opted for the mid kitchen without the fire place and wall tv. We use the tv that swings out from the over cab front cab. There is some huge negations on them down here. We settled at 158k. l
Old 03-20-2014, 08:48 AM   #8

We purchased the 36FK for several reasons, the Fireplace which gives supplemental heat, the side hallway with large window for great views and lots of natural light, and door for the sleeping area. Of course we love the value and quality of Jayco products. We traded a 2012 Melbourne.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I liked the FK best for interior appearance. I liked the RB (bath in the rear and a half) for the added convenience/privacy when traveling with guests, and it has considerably larger holding tanks and a longer kitchen counter. I also prefer a single swivel chair up front. The FK up here was at an RV show and they wanted 169ca. That's looking better each day.
Thanks for your replies and I hope you all enjoy this great new C class.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #10

Is the suspension full air on this chassis. How's the ride compared to full air class A, for those who have owned DP class A's.

This is the only unit I could think of that would be a strong alternative to a class A DP.

I really do like them.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:49 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
Is the suspension full air on this chassis. How's the ride compared to full air class A, for those who have owned DP class A's.

This is the only unit I could think of that would be a strong alternative to a class A DP.

I really do like them.
The Seneca is air suspension in the rear only. It is solid axel as opposed to Independently Sprung Axel in the front. I don't think it could be as plush a ride as a full air or full air tag axel.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #12

We have a 2014 Seneca TS37 and traded an Endeavor DP. The ride in the Seneca is stiffer as you would think, but it does seem to handle a strong crosswind better than the air ride. We owned the Endeavor for 14 years and were ready for something different, so far we have been satisfied with the Seneca.
kenkann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Great to here that they handle well in cross wind. That would be my main concern for a suspension choice.
It states in the specs for the 2012-15 Senecas, that "the under bed storage is available on specific models", but they never say which models. Any of you guys that have used a Seneca, can you tell me if your model has the storage box under the bed that lifts up with assistance from spring air shocks?
Old 04-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #14

Our bed raises for additional storage but doesn't have assist lifts. Easy to add if you have a need for it.

A note on the handling, there is almost no push from passing trucks or high winds and the ride is certainly very comfortable without the front air suspension. I would chose the stability over the the ride softness anytime!

2014 Seneca 36FK
Jeep Wrangler Toad