Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2014, 08:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donlock View Post
I was wondering if all facilities are acessable, like washrm, bedrm, kitchen etc.
when slide are in, and you are traveling.
Don
Adding to what Hudgens said, the larger cabinet under the sink is mot accessible with the slides in but all other cabinets are accessible. The bed is up against the lower drawers in the bedroom so they will not be used in our camper for things we may need no the road.
I have solved a few storage issues that may be helpful to some people. The 31UL does not have a drawer that is great for flatware and they are too narrow for standard dividers. I used the plastic mesh found in craft stores and made a flatware divider for the drawer. Also for those still thinking about the 31UL, all drawers are accessible even when the kitchen island is out since it is an island and not a just a shelf for extra counter space. Our Roadtrek and several campers we looked at had a shelf that need to be cleaned and pushed in before getting something out of the drawer.
Also, there is one large cabinet above the sofa and above the windshield. I found that the dishpans at dollar tree are a perfect size to put in to prevent things from sliding around.
lilmoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdino View Post
Thanks for all the great info so far. My local dealer just got one in so I will get to see one in person. I will check the storage doors and windows. Lastly, I will test the bathroom egress as well. What I meant to say is on some coaches, you cannot get into the bathroom if the master stateroom door is closed. The reason is there is no room to stand and pull the door open. So if guests need access during he night, they actually have to open the door to the master and kind of half step in to make room for the bathroom door to swing open. I always hated that. Anyway, glad to hear the early reviews have been positive. Will post an update after my test drive.

Thanks,
Gary
I did a little experiment for you yesterday. The bedroom door is an accordion style and is very flexible. I am far from skinny and found that I could open the bathroom door and leave the bedroom door shut. My body did push on it some but not enough to hurt it. If it was a solid door, you would need to open the bedroom door or my husband did his own test by stepping into the shower. Totally unnecessary but was good for a laugh.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #17

Well, I finally got to see the Precept in person yesterday. It was everything I thought it would be. Great layout and the fit and finish seemed great. The one I looked at ony had a 4k generator with 1 AC unit. Do you think that would be enough to keep the coach cool in the hot summer in the south? The sales guy said it would be no problem (What else would he say). But I am wondering if from a resale perspective down the road, it a 4k gen a a single enough in a 31 footer? Other then that, I was ready to buy it!! Is 25% off MSRP still a good place to start negotiating?

Thanks again,
Gary
mrdino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #18

We recently bought the "other version" of the Precept. I'm biased, so take what I say and interpret for yourself what you prefer. We ended up looking at both models and chose the one with the 2 AC units. That model also had the 2 refrigerator doors and 2 freezer doors (with icemaker) and has the larger generator (for using both AC units). Last week I talked with a guy at the dealer and he said they had heard that Jayco was only making the unit with 2ACs, bigger frige, and larger generator going forward....never know when those things are true.

Not sure about percent of discount, but our local dealer beat every price we saw online. I believe our base price was $84,550, but of course there are other costs like taxes that get added. I hope you find what you like at a good price.
Hudgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #19

We went with the 2AC and 12 cu ft refrigerator with no regrets. My opinion is to go with the 2 AC units for life in the south or anytime there is hot muggy weather. If you have people sleeping in both areas and the bedroom closed for privacy then two AC's are a must. The larger refrigerator with ice maker is really nice to have.
As to price, At Tampa RV Show in January, list price was $110,921 with a discount of $20,926 for a net of $89,995. Later, when we went to a dealer, we started negotiating at the sale price. It seems there is still a lot of wiggle room in the price. We traded in our Roadtrek for almost what we paid for it. We were happy. Good luck with your shopping.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #20

Thanks for all of the valuable input. I did call Jayco yesterday and they did confirm that for 2015, all Precepts will be 50 amp with 2 AC units. The fridge would remain an option since you lose the mini pantry if you go with the 12 cu ft. The 8 cu ft has a small pantry next to the fridge. Other then that, there are not too many other options. Just need to write a big check now
mrdino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #21

The big check pain will fade as you enjoy your Precept. The 12 cu ft fridge is great not to mention the ice maker.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #22

Is the ice maker only in the 12cuft??
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:55 PM   #23

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Here are the small number of revisions and upgrades for 2015 Precept:

2015 Class C Motorhome Interior Changes/Enhancements:
• LED reading lights
• Recessed LED lights in ceiling
• Brown bi-fold pocket door ILO cream
• Stainless steel grill
• Raised panel refrigerator door
Exterior Changes/Enhancement:
• Heavy duty, scratch resistant, rotocast black cargo compartments
• Black refrigerator vent
• Frameless driver and passenger windows
• Revised graphics; added one piece forward of entry door
Options to Standard:
• 50 amp electrical service, 5.5 Onan Genset and 2nd 13.5 A/C 2015 Model Lineup:
31UL 29UM (New)

And yes the ice maker only comes with the larger double door refrigerator which seems well worth it to have. The only thing I wish they had done for 2015 was to add a nice sized window behind the cooktop, and maybe a few side windows in the dinette slide out too. We like a lot of light, and there's too few windows and the ones there are - don't even open enough to let in a breeze due to the way frameless windows open (like awnings). But they are nice in the rain. When I get my 2015, I'll probably add 5 more windows. Then it'll be just about the "perfect precept" IMO. Can't wait!

Hope this 2015 upgrade list is of benefit to some of you as I'd like to return the favor for all the advice and input I've received on this forum. Mike
gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #24

My dealer today said he also heard the 2015 will come with steering stablizer. Having one added to our 2014 to reduce truck and wind effects.

I say good job Jayco and thanks to Paul in Customer Service for his help and answering questions.
Saarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #25

Lynn Hudgens - ordered a Precept from Cenla. Are you still happy with yours? Anything we should be looking for?
Get Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #26

Have a look down the toilet with the water off. If the holding tank is still L shaped as it is in my 2014 you will find a ledge that the toilet paper sits on and builds up until it plugs the toilet.
dsager11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #27

Jayco Precept

Dsager11 - thanks for the info. Our Precept should come in mid-June. We will look down the toilet. Have you found a fix for the problem?
Get Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Lost View Post
Dsager11 - thanks for the info. Our Precept should come in mid-June. We will look down the toilet. Have you found a fix for the problem?
Still waiting to hear back from jayco. Some owners have suggested using a stock to clear the obstruction but I am hoping jayco can come up with a fix
dsager11 is offline   Reply With Quote