Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Lost View Post
Dsager11 - thanks for the info. Our Precept should come in mid-June. We will look down the toilet. Have you found a fix for the problem?
Oer the years I have spent time on sailboats and in the islands of the Caribbean where some septic systems are primitive. They have a waste receptacle for the toilet paper. That has always been our policy in our campers over the years also. It works just fine. We also prefer the recommendation of bus group leaders "wait for a rest stop for solid matter as that will keep the odors at bay in the vehicle"
Best of luck with your Jayco. We are hitting the road for six months on Saturday. I love the storage space.
lilmoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2014, 11:37 PM   #30

Sorry for the slow reply. Still anchored to a job.

We have really enjoyed out Precept. I like the ideas suggested for a little more light (few more windows). Like everyone else, we have acquired a few things here and there. After checking around (mostly on this forum), we purchased a Winegard Pathway X2 satellite dish since the Precept has three TVs. The X2 has two coax connections on the dish unit so two TVs can access satellite signal at the same time. We have the Precept wired to use one satellite signal with the main television in the dinette area. The second satellite port is used by either the bedroom TV or the outside TV since the are on opposite sides of the same wall. I have not had time to thoroughly check all of it out, but have verified both indoor TVs. We bought the tripod stand for the satellite dish (crazy to look out the first time and see that thing turning and tilting until it zeroed in on the satellite...which this unit uses two different satellite arcs....west and east). We did have to purchase two receivers, but it was worth it. I don't like having to move that stuff around.

We also learned here that Dish Network has a plan that lets you pay for a month at a time, so when your RV is in storage, etc., you can turn off the plan and start up later when you're ready to travel. There are multiple channel plans.

Hope that information helps someone. It took me a while to dig through it all. Oh....BTW, watch to make sure that any receivers you purchase are compatible with the satellite dish and are "current models." I struggled multiple days with Dish getting the satellite dish to connect to a signal. The dish gets its electricity for satellite alignment from the receiver. Somehow the kit I had came with one receiver and it turned out that receiver was out of date and would not work to get the signal. Lesson learned. Name on the box was correct, but apparently it had older technology inside. To their credit, Dish Network did send me a replacement unit and it did work.
Hudgens is offline   Reply With Quote