Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2018, 05:12 PM   #1
bbj

Any Entegra Vision owners?

My wife and I are in the market for a short Class A and saw the Entegra Vision 26X and 29S (our favorite) this weekend. We were leaning toward a Thor Hurricane/Windsport, but due to Entegra's good quality reputation now are leaning toward the new Vision. Is there anyone out there that has purchased one yet? If so what has your experience been like so far?.....Pros...Cons. Any additional information is appreciated. We would be towing a 4-door Jeep Wrangler. Our purchase date is next Spring so we have time to do a lot of research....may even wait until the 2020 models come out. Thank you for your attention.
bbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2018, 12:39 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

The new gas Class A and Class C Entegra coaches are really rather new, so the new owners have to find iRV2.

While these RV's are new, they are backed by Jayco's years of experience at building fine RV's in these segments.

Hope other Vision owners find your post. And if you do make the acquisition, hope you post all about it here for others to share in your experience.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Hello! I've moved your thread to the Jayco Owners Forum. The coach you are considering is akin to the gas Elante/Precept/Embark models of Jayco motorhomes. iRV2 owners of those coaches might be better able to answer your questions about the newly introduced Vision line.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #4

We just purchased the Entegra Vision 29S. Not many of these out there yet as they are a new line for Entegra. We looked at many motor homes in this size and class, and this was the best for us.
Okanagan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Guy View Post
We just purchased the Entegra Vision 29S. Not many of these out there yet as they are a new line for Entegra. We looked at many motor homes in this size and class, and this was the best for us.

Congrats on the new RV and hope you share all about it and your travels.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbj View Post
My wife and I are in the market for a short Class A and saw the Entegra Vision 26X and 29S (our favorite) this weekend. We were leaning toward a Thor Hurricane/Windsport, but due to Entegra's good quality reputation now are leaning toward the new Vision. Is there anyone out there that has purchased one yet? If so what has your experience been like so far?.....Pros...Cons. Any additional information is appreciated. We would be towing a 4-door Jeep Wrangler. Our purchase date is next Spring so we have time to do a lot of research....may even wait until the 2020 models come out. Thank you for your attention.
Hi bbj, I can't answer your question. But I will be following this thread. We stopped at a local RV show today and saw a 26X Vision for the 1st time. We really like it for a short class A. We are also considering a short class A and towing a Jeep Wrangler. Would be interested to see if you end up with one and how you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Guy View Post
Hey Okanagan Guy. I have not seen a Vision 29S in person, I will have to track one down and check it out. We saw a 26X today and liked it. Would love to hear more about your 29S and how your liking it.

Dale
DatsunX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsunX3 View Post
Hi bbj, I can't answer your question. But I will be following this thread. We stopped at a local RV show today and saw a 26X Vision for the 1st time. We really like it for a short class A. We are also considering a short class A and towing a Jeep Wrangler. Would be interested to see if you end up with one and how you like it.

Hey Okanagan Guy. I have not seen a Vision 29S in person, I will have to track one down and check it out. We saw a 26X today and liked it. Would love to hear more about your 29S and how your liking it.

Dale
We really like the Vision 29S. At first we wanted the 26X thinking the shorter size would be easier to drive. However the 29S probably handles much better and there is so much more storage room in the 29S.

If you can’t find the ENTEGRA Vision 29S anywhere, see if you can find a Jayco Alante 29s. They have identical floor plans, and build quality is about the same.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:46 PM   #8

Tag in on this as well. Saw a Jayco Alante 29S and was very impressed as well. Unfortunately this was after a nasty hail storm came through shattering most of the vent covers and windows. Dealership wasn’t selling these models but still made a very good impression.

How do these handle? Wheelbase to total length is low but not sure how much to make of that.
woodwardmpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Talking

I have a 2019 Vision 29S that I haven't taken out yet, but have done a whole lot of modifications and tweeks to make it mine. My only negative comment so far is that the side cameras appear to have the IR lights on a low glow even when the coach is off. Afraid this could be a power drain if drycamping, but time will tell. Proud of some of my hacks and mods and will post pics if anyone is interested. Got sat installed on roof, but everything else I've done myself. Plan on putting one of those swing-arm grills on the bumper near the outdoor kitchen. I already had a single burner butane cooktop that fits in the drawer just fine. I have the theater seats and they seem like they will be a good fit for me. Now, if the weather would quit being so bad here in the mid-Atlantic every weekend, maybe I can get this thing down the road for a shakedown outing before I hit the road heavy in late spring.
RI Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Expat View Post
I have a 2019 Vision 29S that I haven't taken out yet, but have done a whole lot of modifications and tweeks to make it mine. My only negative comment so far is that the side cameras appear to have the IR lights on a low glow even when the coach is off. Afraid this could be a power drain if drycamping, but time will tell. Proud of some of my hacks and mods and will post pics if anyone is interested. Got sat installed on roof, but everything else I've done myself. Plan on putting one of those swing-arm grills on the bumper near the outdoor kitchen. I already had a single burner butane cooktop that fits in the drawer just fine. I have the theater seats and they seem like they will be a good fit for me. Now, if the weather would quit being so bad here in the mid-Atlantic every weekend, maybe I can get this thing down the road for a shakedown outing before I hit the road heavy in late spring.
The side camera’s ir lights have a low glow when Coach is off??? How do you know for sure? The reason I’m so curious is I have the Vision 29s and my chassis battery will drain in about 5 to 6 days while camping. This is even when I’m hooked to shore power. This would explain the parasitic drain I’m having. I ended up having to install a battery disconnect switch. My coach / house batteries are fine, it’s the chassis battery that drains on me.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:13 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Your parasitic drain matches mine. In a very dark setting, look at your side cameras and see if you see a very slight glow to the IR lights. Then, use the battery disconnect and see if they go out. Bingo, that will be the answer. A battery disconnect was next on my list.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Expat View Post
Hi RI Expat,
I would be interested in seeing some of your hacks and mods. We still haven't bought one yet, but the 29S and 26X still remain at the top of our list.
Its interesting to read about other peoples experiences with these models. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2019, 03:08 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Smile

I will post some pics as soon as I'm done with a little more fabrication.

If you are torn between the 26X and 29S, let me try and push you over the edge. Past trips convinced me that the little bit of extra room is really nice when you and your travel entourage are trapped indoors because of the weather.

The larger awning is awesome. The larger shower is not just a luxury, it makes all the difference. And the extra storage speaks for itself, especially having a pantry. Not sure how much a difference the outdoor kitchen will make, but I'm sure I will come to love it.

I think the bed on the 26X folds when the slide is in during travel. I can't walk around the bed with the slide in on the 29S, but the bed is very nap ready even when going down the road or if you overnight somewhere where you do not want to put the slide out. And the bed is 5" longer on the 29S.

Other than that, the coaches have all the same features and components, just arranged differently.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:50 PM   #14

@RI Expat,
Thanks for the info and thoughts about the 26X and the 29S. All good points. We did notice the bed needed to be folded when the slide it in. We would prefer the ability to use it with slide in if needed. I would also welcome a bigger shower.
My problem is I have an enclosed garage for storage, but its only 32 feet deep with the door closed. So it may be doable with the added length of the 29S (31.5ft) but it would really be tight.
Thanks again for your thoughts.
Dale

Tags
entegra