Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #1

Best Dealer to Buy From

Looking to purchase a 2012 Anthem. Any comments on the best dealer to purchase from would be greatly appreciated. We live in Canada, have a house in SoCal, so doesn't really matter on location, as we will have to travel somewhere anyway. Seems the dealer in Texas usually has the most stock. Did most factory order or purchase from stock?
Thanks
outamoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
MHSRV in Alvarado Tx seems to have the best prices. They state their deepest disc that's it, no more haggling (except for trade-in value). They have great facilities for pickup, kind of run through the PDI with you, and have very little experience with Entegra. So you can ask a lot of quetions but you won't get many good answers. If I were passing by Middlebury In, I would use the MHSRV price I would get off the internet/phone and contact an Indiana/Ohio dealer to match or beat it. I would think at least 30% off MSRP.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #3

Thanks. Do you know of any dealers in Indiana or Ohio? Only one I could find is Colerain & they seem to have only Apires & Insignias.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #4

Bought ours from Pharr in Lubbock TX.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:01 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Some time ago, I googled Entegra MH and there were a couple of dealers listed.
FYI the Insignia model is no longer in production, it was rolled up into the Anthem I believe. Apparently Entegra felt the Insignia price was too close to the other model.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #6

Insignia was actually rolled into the Aspire. We shopped several places. MHSRV has good prices but you can match or beat them at a couple of dealers AT LEAST. Johnson RV in Sandy,OR (near Portland) has good pricing on cash deal but you have to watch what they will give for trade in, same with MHSRV. We traded at K&C RV in Longmont, Co. Got the best overall deal, cash price and trade value. They actually beat everyones cash price and put almost as much in our trade. all just my opinion and experience.
If you watch MHSRVs pricing on the website it changes frequently. The 2012 pricing started out with a 23% discount and has moved to 25% this pas week. The 2011s got to 33% discount and they offered to take an additional $10K off of a unit I was looking at, SO, they will negotiate at least some of the time, depending likely on how many of that model they have and what their recent experience is on that unit selling. I find MOST dealerships do not know as much about any unit as you will know after doing your research. This is especially true of large dealers that have LOTS of units on the lot like MHSRV. A dealer with only one or two lines and few coaches MAY know more but that is certainly not assured. Again, just my opinion and experience.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #7

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Stay away from consignment coaches a MHSRV, as they offer absoluty no support for them. Just there, as is , where is, subject to your inspection and no buyer privileges as with their coaches. Totally misrepresented the coach I went to look at. They just use consignments for bait and switch to their coaches to get you there. If you do not know what you are looking for, walk softly there. Just my experience with them after driving 2 days. Nice facility, but... Jeez...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
MHSRV in Alvarado Tx seems to have the best prices. They state their deepest disc that's it, no more haggling (except for trade-in value). They have great facilities for pickup, kind of run through the PDI with you, and have very little experience with Entegra. So you can ask a lot of quetions but you won't get many good answers. If I were passing by Middlebury In, I would use the MHSRV price I would get off the internet/phone and contact an Indiana/Ohio dealer to match or beat it. I would think at least 30% off MSRP.
justaroamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #8

I am surprised no one has mentioned the RV Direct Group. They have four stores (Albany NY,Buffalo NY,Des Moines IA and Orlando RV). They had the Entegra line 2years before anyone else. Great guys and bought my 2011 42' Aspire from the Orlando RV store. Saw them at the Entegra display this past Friday at the FMCA Show in Madison. Entegra did a lot of great changes for 2012.

Robin & Victoria
2011 Entegra Aspire 42
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #9

HI Outa,

We are from Canada also and we bought a 2012 Anthem 42RBQ in June. We factory ordered ours through RV Direct but had talked to at least five other dealers during the negotiating process which took place over a 10 month period. In our case price was the main issue and we were not as concerned about after-sale service by the selling dealer given that we did not live near any dealer. If we had a dealer close by that would have changed our perspective somewhat. Being a fellow Canadian I should mention that one issue that we needed to look out for (we were taking our coach back to Canada) is that we needed to ensure we did not have to pay State taxes to the dealer we bought from. I understand some States you do and some States you don't) Also a while before picking up our coach we had the money transferred in advance to our bank account in the U.S. so that we were not delayed in that end of it. I agree with MCCSIX on the target pricing and we found in our case that RV Direct was a couple points better than everybody else. (Just our experience - maybe different for others) One other thing I would state (and this is again just based on our experience) is that had we known then what we know now we would have (if it were possible) taken delivery of our coach right at the factory in Middlebury rather than at a dealer and would pay additional dollars for this option. This is not a negative comment on RV Direct as it is my understanding that the same issues are being experienced by buyers taking delivery at LazyDays, MHSRV, etc. As you identify issues with your coach you will maybe need to visit the factory to get your issues resolved and the people there at the factory are great to work with.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #10

Oops forgot to mention the factory sent us a complete dealer list for both Canada and the United States when we requested it.

Bill
Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #11

Thanks to all. Bill2011, would you mind if I PM'd you on your factory order?
That really is the way I would like to go.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #12

Not a problem Outamoney. I will watch for it.