RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:58 PM   #1

Blown fuse??

Main air conditioner it's not working and it was when I shut it off yesterday last night. I have checked the circuit breakers and the fuses and everything is okay and at least the air conditioner in the bedroom works. I have noticed when I was checking the circuit breakers that the lights underneath in the basement aren't working either and they should be on 12 volt so must be something to do with both of them but my brain is just not comprehending what that might be and I have looked all over the RV and found one only GFI plate or switch whatever you call it and that is not the problem. I have a 2013 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 5th wheel 31.5 if anybody can help me with finding something I would appreciate it I feel with the lack of the lights in the basement and the air conditioner it has to be one thing that is causing both and although I have already called the mobile RV repair place but have no return call yet and when it's 100 degrees outside I will willingly pay a service fee but in my mind it just has to be something small and stupid that I can't see. Thanks for your help in advance

NMgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #2

Is the GFI in the bathroom tripped?

Old 05-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #3

Check your battery voltage, some thermostats use 12 volts to operate.

Do you have a battery disconnect switch, near the door, thats off ?

ACs wont be on GFCIs, but your converter/charger could be.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #4

The GFI in the bathroom will not be a factor in the air conditioner or the basement lights. I highly doubt that the two problems have the same cause. The one thing which uses 12V that could possibly affect the air conditioner is 12V power as that is what the thermostat uses but if it is shared by the furnace and the a/c it probably gets power from the a/c. When checking the circuit breakers, did you open and then close each one, or just look at them? It is very difficult to tell a breaker is tripped by looking and to reset one you have to open it fully first and then close it.
SKP Kirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:08 PM   #5

Thank you everyone for your help. This morning I thought I should probably check every fuse in the system but my back was so bad that I could not get down onto the floor and back up again so I did not do it. The mobile RV repairman came out and tested everything else and found that the fuse that control the air conditioner was mislabeled. The fuse I had checked was not the one for the air conditioner. Needless to say if I had been able to get down on the floor I would have saved a service call but that was not to be. At this temperature in Southern Arizona I would rather pay for the service call and have an air conditioner running then wait until my back was better. I still only know of one GFI in this place although it seems like their should be at least 2?? And on the circuit breakers I do switch them all off and back on again even if they don't look as if they have tripped but thank you for those tips. The correct fuse has now been labeled in case it ever happens again.
NMgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse