RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #1

Electric Leveling

We stopped and looked at a Jayco 4113, loved everything about it except the electric leveling. Does anybody have any input regarding the electric leveling, good or bad.

2PawsRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2018, 06:33 PM   #2

Not sure exactly what leveling system the Seismic has, but I have an Eagle with the BAL 7.1 system and I love it. Pull in, chock the wheels, press a few buttons and it's level. You can manually control everything as well, if that's what you're into. Only con is that it's a little pokey, but there are plenty of other things to do while you're waiting for it to finish.

Curious...what were your concerns?

morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleyz View Post
Not sure exactly what leveling system the Seismic has, but I have an Eagle with the BAL 7.1 system and I love it. Pull in, chock the wheels, press a few buttons and it's level. You can manually control everything as well, if that's what you're into. Only con is that it's a little pokey, but there are plenty of other things to do while you're waiting for it to finish.

On the Jayco owners forum there is a lot of discussion on the electric leveling as it applies to the larger heavy units. Pins breaking, rods collapsing, replacing pins with heavier pins, multiple replacements....a quick search on the forum turns up hoards of problems.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:09 PM   #4

Nothing but positive experience from me with the BAL 7.1, but this is only my first season with it. Not sure if if I'm considered heavy, but my trailer is about 11K on a CAT scale.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:22 AM   #5

We have had in the past Heartland hydraulic 6pt auto leveling, it is a good system but, I don't like the idea of a bursting hydraulic line, did not happen to us, but the possibility exists. The current 4pt auto elelctric system on our Jayco is, in my opinion, a better system in that if a jack becomes damaged it is easy to remove and replace, no need to carry hydraulic fluid or to be concerned about bursting hoses.

When we arrive on site and unhitch I hit the leveling button and the system does it's thing. I believe that the ele system is more precise than our former hydraulic one but again that is my opinion. Also , on our Jayco, since the system is all electric, I can select which slide to open, on the heartland system it was all or nothing since there was not manifold to select individual slides.
Don
Ufda45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleyz View Post

I am not 100 % on what my 2018 pennical has but i love it chock and push a couple of buttons and get the rest done while it levels it's self
poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:48 PM   #7

We have the Seismic 4114 appx. 18000 lbs have been using for a year and the leveling system has only worked correctly twice it is always giving me a out of stroke error message.
prowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler10 View Post
We have the Seismic 4114 appx. 18000 lbs have been using for a year and the leveling system has only worked correctly twice it is always giving me a out of stroke error message.
While I don't have a Seismic, while researching them I spoke with several techs and got info straight from one of the engineers. Two biggest issues with the electric leveling system are batteries and keeping the legs from having to extend a lot.

They all said make sure you have great batteries, better yet a couple and keep them charged. When the batteries get down to 12.7 you will start getting error messages.

Secondly, have a bunch of blocks. Your goal is to keep the legs from having to extend very far. The less extended the legs are the better the system will work. The further the legs have to extend the percentages of error messages increases.

Good luck.

Tags
electric, leveling