Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #1

Macerator pump

We are having trouble with emptying our kitchen gray water tank through the macerator pump. We dump the black. No problem. Then open either gray to flush the line. It doesn't matter; both gray open, one open, the kitchen gray stays 2/3 full. We know it's real because it fills quickly. Any thoughts? We think they forgot the vent since we have found over 30 things wrong.
MingusPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #2

Now have an additional problem with drains. The bathroom sink, shower, and washer/ dryer all run into the forward gray water tank. When the tank starts to get full the sink fills up before the shower, which is 3 feet lower than the bottom of the sink. Any thoughts?
Old 12-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #3

How many vents can you find and how many tanks?
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Based on experience you have a partial blockage that will only get worse.

Recommend obtaining a 6' manual snake. Drain the gray tanks. Place a 5 gal bucket at the drain and run the snake UP the drain pipe to break the blockage. When it starts to drain pull out quickly and close valve, hook on drain pipe and open to allow to drain.

I owned a Jayco eagle several years ago that was very slow draining. Finally took it back to dealer and made them scope it. Found major blockage which they knocked out - it was sawdust, screws and small pieces of wood, all from the build.

Hope you get it fixed quickly cause it can ruin your outing - Richard
Old 03-18-2019, 11:44 AM   #5

Well, the dealer heard from Jayco and the front gray water system is operating as designed. They said they installed a vent for the front gray water tank under the bathroom sink that closes when you drain the tank and closes when it starts to get full. Their answer was to drain the tank more often. Now at least we know why the bathroom sink volcanoes when the tank gets near full and why the tank acts like there is no vent when emptying. Just thought you would like to know the outcome.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #6

Location: From California currently traveling this great country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomson View Post
Well, the dealer heard from Jayco and the front gray water system is operating as designed. They said they installed a vent for the front gray water tank under the bathroom sink that closes when you drain the tank and closes when it starts to get full. Their answer was to drain the tank more often. Now at least we know why the bathroom sink volcanoes when the tank gets near full and why the tank acts like there is no vent when emptying. Just thought you would like to know the outcome.
So is it draining now ?
poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:13 PM   #7

Quote:

Air Admittance Valve

Should OPEN when draining tank so water doesn't get sucked out of 'P' trap and Closes when NOT draining tank
Has nothing to do with level of tank
If it doesn't close after dumping then you will get Odors back inside RV
Grey stinks as bad/worst then Black

Shower may not have a traditional 'P' trap ('U' bend with water seal) otherwise it being lower then sink it should overflow first
Might be using a Hepvo waterless drain trap (one way 'duckbill') only allows water to flow out but NOT come back thru it

Should go up on roof and verify how many vent lines you have and which is for which tank
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #8

I'd like to go up there, but I am cripple and get around with a walker. I bought this thing because I could manage it with the options and keep RV'ing. The only way the tank drains is if I leave the 4" line open over night It won't go through the maceraor pump. BTW Jayco told the dealer it is functioning as designed.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:15 PM   #9

Quote:
I'd like to go up there, but I am cripple and get around with a walker. I bought this thing because I could manage it with the options and keep RV'ing. The only way the tank drains is if I leave the 4" line open over night It won't go through the maceraor pump. BTW Jayco told the dealer it is functioning as designed.

Jayco is feeding the Dealer a line of bull
OR
Dealer is feeding YOU a line of bull

By design...a 4" line takes overnight to drain a waste tank

You need to contact Jayco DIRECTLY and speak with a Factory Representative. Not a 'customer service ' rep that reads from a manual
Go up the ladder of command and get authorization to have you problem FIXED
There is not a RV waste drain system that takes overight to drain by design

Sounds more like a 'cut out disc' fell inside tank and blocks the drain outlet
When installing the tanks holes are cut to allow installation of pipes/vents/drains. The discs are suppose to be removed NOT left behind.

You have a blockage that is NOT by design,

Squeak, squeak, squeak....

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #10

Found that inside the fiver the black and gray water tank vents were plumbed together, before penetrating the roof. Thus, for three tanks there are two vents. This was confirmed by Jayco and the set of drawings they sent to me. Since the black tank empties and the gray has trouble, the problem is either the drain or the vent. Jayco said if it was operator error I would h,ave to pay for the trouble shooting. I said fine.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #11

Well guess what happened? We couldn't duplicate the problem at home. The gray water tank emptied just like it was supposed to do and the sink didn't volcano. I bought an endoscope and will run it up the drains. Any other thoughts?

Tags
ace