Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #1

New Jayco Precept 29 UM

New Jayco owners, we just purchased it today, traded up from an 08 Winnebago Access, Class C. We will be picking it up early next week, can't wait to bring it home, load it up and take it for a trial run as soon as we can.
azgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2015, 06:08 AM   #2

Ok, I'm REALLY late to your thread. I bought a 2015 Jayco Precept 29UM in late February 2015 with 800 miles on it. Now have 3,600! So far, I have had a great experience. Minor issues include an intermittent rattle near driver's cockpit, another rattle over kitchen, but I easily tune out those noises since my prior coach was ancient and literally rattled to the core. Also noticed that Jayco includes no protection for the tail of the coach if you accidentally drag it going into a steeper incline...slightly scraped it up recently. Other than that, here's all of the good stuff: 1. It drives awesome! I read about others' Precepts wandering or difficult to control. I haven't had any of those issues, despite no suspension upgrades. I just keep tires at 82psi. It also tows my trailer like it's not even there. 2. The layout is perfect for me, including the placement of the door and the patio area (which has no intruding slides.) I do miss my rear ladder and my dinette table, but I bought a telescoping ladder which is in many ways much better than a fixed ladder because I use it not only to get on the roof but wash the coach as well. Also bought some Ruggables for the living area and a runner for the hallway and they are perfect. Spiderlegs couch trays have made me forget about the missing dinette table and decreased my need for the built-in table, which can only be used with slides extended. 3. Interior hanging and storage space is quite meager, but you have to buy a coach for your intended purpose. I use it for short 2-3 day stays at the track, so I wanted sleeping space over interior storage. 4. I have begun to appreciate the hot water heater after learning how to use it. 5. The tank capacities are perfect for boondocking at the track and I never have to worry about running out of water or filling up the holding tanks again.
I keep reading about others' negative experiences with the Precept, but my coach was obviously built on a Tuesday Also, my dealer is 1.5 miles down the road from my home and only 1/4 mile from where I store the motorhome. They are a great dealership with stellar management and knowledgeable service technicians. They quickly fixed the very minor issues with my coach and also installed my satellite Winegard Roadtrip Mission system. How has your experience been so far? I am also on the Jayco Owners.com Forum.
Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:24 PM   #3

Hi Cycledoc675- Yes, we have the rattle over the door and near the passenger window and like you, it isn't enough to worry about. Ouch, sorry about the slight scrape in the tail, glad it was no worse. How funny, we purchased the same type of ladder, telescoping, since our model didn't have a ladder either. Most of the time we don't use the table but when we do, it is easy enough to pop into place and remove after the meal or for the purpose we might be using it for. We have had one issue with ours, the battery in the back was wired incorrectly and became very hot while we were away on a weekender, we brought her back to our dealer and they quickly removed it and then replaced with a new battery so all is good. My favorite things are the sliding pantry, bunk beds and tv in the hallway, it makes a nice extra room for watching tv, guests, grandkids, etc., yet also is great for extra storage. We haven't tried boon docking yet but it sure is nice to know that our Jayco will be ideal to try it out soon. We still need to order and have our Traveler satellite purchased and installed, we had one on our Winnebago and loved it so we should have one on Jayco in about a month. we are loving it, we think we made the perfect choice in a motorhome for ourselves and it's good to know that you are happy with yours also. I wasn't aware of that forum but I will check it out, thanks for the tip.
azgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco