Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2016, 10:11 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
New Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 26BHS

Just traded my 2016 Salem Cruise Lite for a 2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 26BHS -

We just were not happy with the Cruise lite for several reasons and the Starcraft had several upgrades and improvements that we liked plus a small living room slide. I will do the walk through Thursday morning. Because I am the second owner, the 2 year warranty from Starcraft is not transferable and I am not going to waste my money on an extended warranty. I have been burned on them before. I will be sure to be thorough during the walk through.

The options that I like about the Starcraft that the Cruise lite did not have are the following:

1) outside fender skirts
2) slim line tinted windows
3) ducted AC and more furnace ducts (one especially in the bath room)
4) Fiberglass exterior
5) Two steps into the unit instead of one
6) More space in front master bedroom
7) Solid wood cabinet doors
8) Alloy wheels
9) More electrical outlets
10) Double beds in both rear bunks
11) Battery disconnect switch
12) Climate package (heated and enclosed sub-floor and more insulation)
13) More kitchen counter space
14) Larger sleeper sofa in the living room

I would appreciate any input or comments from any Starcraft owners. I have read much about them and like most RV's there are both good and bad things going around about them. But I am still interested in learning more. Thanks for reading my post and for commenting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-STARCRAFT-LAUNCH-ULTRA-LITE-26-BHS-TRAVEL-TRAILER-9017C-NAMPA-BISHS-RV (3).JPG
Views:	260
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	134279   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-STARCRAFT-LAUNCH-ULTRA-LITE-26-BHS-TRAVEL-TRAILER-9017C-NAMPA-BISHS-RV (8).JPG
Views:	253
Size:	378.8 KB
ID:	134280  

Name:	2016-STARCRAFT-LAUNCH-ULTRA-LITE-26-BHS-TRAVEL-TRAILER-9017C-NAMPA-BISHS-RV (7).JPG
Views:	268
Size:	372.4 KB
ID:	134281   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-STARCRAFT-LAUNCH-ULTRA-LITE-26-BHS-TRAVEL-TRAILER-9017C-NAMPA-BISHS-RV (17).JPG
Views:	315
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	134282  

20016 - Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite - 26BHS travel trailer
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Looks great! Love the windows.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:25 AM   #3

Congratulation's! We just bought a 2016 StarCraft 22BUD
jnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Great! Would love to see some photos.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #5

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1469835167.811378.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	134460 here is our new trailer
Old 08-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #6

Gary G.. looks nice, hope you enjoy it.

One thing you may want to do soon is to be sure you have a good seal between the front cap and the diamond plate on the lower part of the front. Run a good bead of sealant over it to be sure you get no water intrusion there.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #7

Hey there, we just bought the exact same camper, haven't even picked it up yet. What are your impressions so far? Also, I used to live in Nampa. I still own a rental property there. I miss it a lot. The Treasure Valley is one of my favorite places.
bighog85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:42 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi,

Well we have only used it about 4 times, but love it. I have done a few little things to it to make it more like home and for convenience, but its a great TT. We especially like the floor plan with the slide that gives plenty of space for the wife to work in the kitchen without being in between the sofa and the dinette. I installed some lift struts under the lower bunk to access the wonderful storage space under there and put up some towel hooks and puck lites under the medicine cabinet and under the dinette cupboards. I bought it used only 6 months old and no issues yet. I did have to replace one of the cargo door latches that was broken and wouldn't lock. I should have caught it during the walk through but the guy at the dealer was in such a hurry.

It pulls nicer than the salem cruise lite I traded in but is about 3 feet longer and about 500lbs heavier. I was amazed. I think the aluminum frame and fiberglass exterior is a much better quality built trailer. Many upgrades from the Salem Cruise lite. I especially like the climate package. I just had it winterized and now it is in covered storage until the spring. I miss it so much that I usually go check up on it about every week! LOL

Let me know how you like yours.