Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2018, 09:44 AM   #1

new to the Forum, seriously need suggestions

I am new to this Forum and simply looking for advice or suggestions. I purchased a "new" 2018 (Jayco) Entegra Odyssey 26D from a dealer in Orlando in December 2017.
As many of you have experienced, getting warranty work done is nearly impossible. I won't go into a lot of detail here, but I am between a rock and a hard place and wondering if finding an existing Class Action Suit against Jayco (or starting one if not) is the only way to go. Original (walkthrough) items still have not been taken care of. The unit has only been on one week long trip and several other issues came up during that outing. I have been in constant touch with Jayco Corp service, and I have taken the unit to "repair" places they have suggested. Not only does NOTHING get done while the unit sits there, Jayco obviously does not care. Once they have your money, it seems you are totally on your own, including just getting simple warranty work done. Repair / dealerships make an appointment, you drop it off and they really and truly DO NOTHING. The first year of ownership is nearly over and I can only say I am immensely disappointed and disillusioned. None of this is disclosed prior to a purchase, unless you happen read any of the forums, in which case, I am not sure why anyone would continue to purchase an RV ..ANY RV. All brands and mfgs seem to have exactly the same issues. Again, I am not looking to be "scolded" … I would like to know what truly can be done and if there is anyone else out there willing to join in and "hit them in the pocketbook" where some of this might (eventually) be changed. Thank you.
Paws4Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #2

Having been involved with law suits, though not of the class action variety, I can tell you that these things proceed slowly and never on schedule. If you are lucky your case may be heard in 3-5 years, by which time your coach will have depreciated considerably. Even then things are not over as these decisions will often be appealed, all the while your legal expense are adding up. In the end the lawyers are the only ones that make any money.

My advice is to fix the things that need to be fixed, if you can get it done under warranty so much the better, and move on with your life.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #3

Document EVERYTHING. Times/dates/people's names, what got done. In Canada we have a small claims court that allows claims up to $25,000. You do not need a lawyer. Write a registered letter to Jayco stating your intentions to sue and provide them with all the facts you've collected. Give them sufficient time to respond. Be reasonable. Follow through with a claim if you're not dealt with fairly.

You've spent good money on your RV. You deserve reasonable satisfaction.
larryanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:44 PM   #4

Given the current state of things you are better off learning to ignore the petty stuff, fixing the smaller problems and only going to the dealer if there is a major issue. Major issues they understand if they are not buried by a flood of small stuff.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
Good thought Larryanta. Maybe if everyone filed a small claims suit against them it would hurt them in the pocketbook.I have been on the merry gop round with service as well. Dealers suck, even the ones that the recommend. The ones that are good wont do your work because you bought it at another dealer. I;ve had ours to the factory for almost two months and when I got it back some of the repairs that were done are in the same condition as when I brought it in.
caroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #6

Thank you. I do wish more people would want to put a stop to just plain being taken advantage of.
Paws4Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:58 PM   #7

What kind of problems?......with the Jayco....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
You don’t necessarily need a Jayco dealer to fix your problems. Find any reputable dealer that you trust and with Jayco’s permission they will authorize the work to be done. You will have to pay for it upfront but Jayco will reimburse you. Otherwise, if you really want to keep your coach and have it perform the way you think it should IMHO you need to take it to Middlebury for your warranty work. You’ve tried the dealer route and obviously that’s not working. Make a list of all your issues and then call Jayco Motorized CS and then make an appointment. Unfortunately by now it will be next Spring before you can get a date but Jayco will make it right. Inconvenient? Yes. But in the end you will be happy.
Rice1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
What kind of problems?......with the Jayco....
x2. Tell us about your issue's. There are many people who have been in your shoes, and there are some VERY resourceful people on this forum who might have dealt with the exact repair you need. You might find a good cure that is cheaper than a lawsuit.
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:10 AM   #10

X3. Please share what the repair issues are. What model and when issues showed up. We are looking at a Jayco class c and having RVD our whole life understand the poor quality of what is out there. Major issues are another thing. If you do not respond I will assume you really have nothing major wrong.

THANKS for the reply
Old 01-16-2019, 06:49 PM   #11

Location: From California currently traveling this great country.
One of the first things I learned is never drop off your rig until the shop has the parts in hand.

Mine lived there 6 weeks.

The next time I left it with for a day for them to diagnose it. Then took it to the coast for a few days. Got the call a couple weeks later. They called I told them they have my rig for no more then 24hrs.

Stand up to them. Remember most dealers do warranty work so you do not have to be held hostage.

Also bad press is never good so make some noise. Wright trailer life, call the factory.
poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum