Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2019, 12:09 AM   #1

Newbie needs help

Hey guys! Hoping you can help me with a few questions. Just got our (slightly) used travel trailer (6 months old) and I am going through the process of cleaning it. Here are my questions in order of importance:
1. The hose in the fridge is filled with black gunk and stinky water. Do I need to replace it or just clean it out? Any suggestions? It doesn't seem to be cracked or anything though the trail was also full of black crud!
2. I broke the table! Haha the like 2 screws that hold it on just aren't going to do it. It has that little ledge thing so that you can concert it to a bed. Wondering if anyone has just screwed that sucker into the wall? It's the 2nd time it's been fixed. Any longer term suggestions?
3. Ok so I got the fancy water sprayer tank cleaner thingy (you can see I have been brushing up on my technical terms). What's the best place to clean my various tanks? I assume I need to be able to dump fairly immediately, and I'll need access to a hose so I front of my house is out. I want to sanitize the fresh system, deep clean the Black. While I am asking questions, how do you clean the grey most effectively?
4. Any other tips and tricks? I am hard into the cleaning phase at the moment so anything cleaning related would be very welcome.

Thank you! Looking forward to learning from everyone!
Digwithrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2019, 12:20 AM   #2

I was just about to log out for the night when I noticed your post .

I'm confused by the hose in the fridge , any chance you could post a picture, of this ?

I'll be back online in the morning and offer help with the rest of your questions.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:56 AM   #3

I am posting a picture of the black gunk in the tray because silly me that's what I took a picture of. I'll take a picture of the hose tomorrow evening.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190610_232524.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	249446  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #4

Fridge , defrost water drain pan , and hose could be plugged , but should be cleanable .
Do you have access to compressed air ?

For tank clean out , both grey and black , get a big package of denture cleaner , drain the tanks then put in about a 1/3 tank of water in each , dissolve about 20 of the denture cleaner tablets in warm water and pour into each tank . Then go for about a ten mile drive, then drain the tanks .

You said 6 months in your first post , is this RV only six months old ?
Or have you only owned it for six months?
Because this kind of clean up seems excessive for a newer RV.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #5

Thanks and pics

Black stuff in hose.

Thanks for the tips. Denture cleaner is a good one!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190611_202644.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	249549   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190611_202648.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	249550  

Tags