Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2019, 06:17 AM   #1

Pinnacle 36ssws

We are thinking about getting a 2019 Pinnacle 36 ssws for full timing. I’m looking for others that have a Pinnacle to see what they like and dislike about it (does that weird shower door in the 36ssws let water come out of the shower?). What kind of truck that you have to pull it.
I know that floor plan in the 36ssws shows that the washer/dryer are side by side in different cabinets, but can they be stacked in one cabinet?
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2019, 08:23 PM   #2

Hello there Dippytwo, we are planning to purchase a 2019 Pinnacle KPTS next Thursday. We just purchased our 2018 3500 Dodge Ram Longhorn Laramie today to tow it with. Yep the adventure has a change of direction ahead for us. Can’t tell you anything yet about the Pinnacle but in a few months I may have some comments. Trading in my Class A and making a few changes.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:37 AM   #3

Congrats on your purchase. I cant wait till we get ours and start full timing.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:21 PM   #4

Location: From California currently traveling this great country.
2018 36FBTS 3500HD SRW 2X4. Love our rig, enjoy yours. Stay safe
poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:31 AM   #5

We are looking to purchase a new SSWS as well. What changes are you making? Are the changes part of your purchase agreement?
Dushoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #6

We're considering this floor plan also. We will likely have to special order so that we can get the walk in closet instead of the sofa in the bedroom. With the sofa there is very little closet space. And all the dealers seem to order it with the sofa and window up front. It's "cool", but not very practical.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
We are thinking about getting a 2019 Pinnacle 36 ssws for full timing. I’m looking for others that have a Pinnacle to see what they like and dislike about it (does that weird shower door in the 36ssws let water come out of the shower?). What kind of truck that you have to pull it.
I know that floor plan in the 36ssws shows that the washer/dryer are side by side in different cabinets, but can they be stacked in one cabinet?
Didn't you just recently purchase your Discovery ? Did you not like it ?
Old 11-03-2019, 03:53 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I own a mh but I've sure done a lot of research on the swss. It's a beautiful rig in my opinion, and I would certainly use the bench in the br! Put my shoes on and take them off, just relaxing and reading a book or the paper as well as having a view out the front....not like most other 5th wheels. The bath is amazing as well- very upscale. I would choose not to install a w/d setup but that's just me- the space stll looks more than adequate. Here's a good walk thru:

Old 11-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Bought a 2019 Jayco Pinnicle 36SSWS this past Jan. Picked it up one day and headed for Florida the next day. Some issues I have had:
1) The theater seating sofa had the seat nearest the dining table stuck in the open position. Had to remove bolting from the traveler to close in mannually. 5 months to get it fixed.
2) The slide seals (both inside and outside) have came loose from their tracks.
3) The fan in the bathroom is 100% manual and my wife can't reach to open it.
4) Purchased the full body paint and all the cargo doors that open fully has the paint rubbed off the hinges. The hinge design is poor.
5)The entry door does not seal at the bottom, latch side. No fix per dealer.
Yes the glass slide door to the shower leaks.
Other than that I guess its fine.
RandyHC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:58 PM   #10

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
Did you end up getting the 36SSWS?
akbarnetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:52 PM   #11

Jayco Owners Club
2020 36ssws

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHC4 View Post
Bought a 2019 Jayco Pinnicle 36SSWS this past Jan. Picked it up one day and headed for Florida the next day. Some issues I have had:
1) The theater seating sofa had the seat nearest the dining table stuck in the open position. Had to remove bolting from the traveler to close in mannually. 5 months to get it fixed.
2) The slide seals (both inside and outside) have came loose from their tracks.
3) The fan in the bathroom is 100% manual and my wife can't reach to open it.
4) Purchased the full body paint and all the cargo doors that open fully has the paint rubbed off the hinges. The hinge design is poor.
5)The entry door does not seal at the bottom, latch side. No fix per dealer.
Yes the glass slide door to the shower leaks.
Other than that I guess its fine.
We purchased our 36SSWS for full time living in September. We absolutely LOVE it.

However, we have the same problem with the entry door. On the other hand, our shower doesn't leak at all unless the camper is not level, and is lower on the left side. Then water runs off of the shower shelf and onto the bath mat outside of the door.

Our bathroom fan is hard wired to a wall switch to turn it on and off and to adjust speed (thankfully, because I'm only 5'1"), but I still have to reach to open the vent.

Other improvements over the 2019 36SSWS:
* 4 full sized burner range with a 19" x 19" oven - Yes, we can really cook a turkey in it, it fits our 6 qt Dutch Oven with the cover on, and we can cook a large Papa Murphy's pizza in it without burning the bottom.
* All systems - tank status, lights, climate, slide outs, etc., are controlled on an Android tablet through the JAYCOMMAND app that is available for both android devices and iOS devices so you can manage systems on your Android and iOS devices. Light controls are also available in the living room and kitchen, as well as both sides of the bed.

I don't know if the 2019 has a convection microwave, but the 2020 does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0638.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	268953

Name:	IMG_5891.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	268954

Name:	IMG_9922.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	268955

Name:	IMG_4083.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	268956

Name:	IMG_6601.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	268957

We have had some other issues that we are waiting for the dealer to take care of - waiting for parts, and approval from Jayco:
* Step riser next to left side of bed fell off
* Middle cabinet over living room sofa 2 styles separated from top rail
* Furnace won’t light..... WE’RE COLD
Dealer Service determined that the sail switch was faulty - a known issue - but that the switch was backordered for 7 weeks (as of early November) - we have one on the way directly from Dometic.
* Slide out 2 (main bedroom/hall slide is not closing all the way on the bottom
It was determined that this is the reason for the step riser coming off. This has also caused a crack on the outside wall - not sure if it is cosmetic in the paint only or if there is damage to the outside wall - waiting for Jayco
* Passenger side storage door not sealing properly.
* Bathroom fan stopped working after 2 months.

So, we are heating our 'home' with the electric fireplaces, but saving on propane!

I hope that overall you are enjoying your 36SSWS as much as we are!
Old 12-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #12

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
I own a mh but I've sure done a lot of research on the swss. It's a beautiful rig in my opinion, and I would certainly use the bench in the br! Put my shoes on and take them off, just relaxing and reading a book or the paper as well as having a view out the front....not like most other 5th wheels. The bath is amazing as well- very upscale. I would choose not to install a w/d setup but that's just me- the space stll looks more than adequate.
We just traded our 2017 Montana High Country 305RL for the 2020 Jayco 36SSWS and we LOVE it! We are having a few issues, but because we are living in it, they are coming up during the warranty period, rather than the following year or 2 after sitting in storage over the winter.

My husband is a full-time published musician and composer, and his need to set up his keyboard and laptop so he can compose ( and still be out of the way of me and our blind dog) was one of the main reasons we bought the 36SWSS. He slides a board under the bedroom sofa cushion and sets his keyboard on that, and his laptop is to his right on the fireplace mantle or in front of him on the sofa.

Name:	IMG_9525.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	268959

Name:	IMG_0875.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	268960

I also use the sofa for watching TV in the bedroom or reading.

We had purchased a combo w/d with our Montana HC, which we transferred to the Pinnacle and use it constantly. The combo frees up the other wardrobe space for more clothes!