RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-06-2019, 07:21 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Pinnacle Owners Bridge Heights

I have owned four RVs in the last 19 years all have been lower in height then the one I just purchased . The one I just bought in July of last year was a Pinnacle that has a height of 13 foot 6 inches. All of the others were 12 foot in height. On my second trip in it this year I came across three bridges that were 13 foot 8 inches and one that was 13 foot 6 inches. All three were on highway 77 in Schulenburg Texas. Luckily I spotted the sign ahead of time and took the detour around the bridges. Since this happened I decided to buy a GPS for RV's. The one I bought was the Magellan RV9490T-LMB. It has the input for weight, width and height. It also shows you all of the yellow signs on the road. But guess what? No yellow signs for bridges. LOL When I bought it I planed a route that I took to the Texas Valley and low and behold it took me right thru those bridges. I emailed the service department at Magellan and ended up emailing them for a week without any help. They did answer my e-mails but just gave me the runaround. I then purchased a program that is called Low Clearance POI - GPS Data . Great program, but it doesn't load on to the new RV9490t-LMB. They have now put a lockout on 3rd party soft-where. I did manage to load it on to Google Maps. Sure enough it spotted the three bridges. Now I have a great feeling of security knowing where all the low bridges are. I hope this might help the Pinnacle owners out there.

Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #2

Is that 13'6" 'actual' measurement *hooked up to truck and measured to highest point

Or...brochure height?

My 5th wheel has a brochure height of 12'8" but after setting it up so it tows level with my truck it measured 13'4"
We use secondary/back roads Majority of our travels
Paying attention to 'signage' is important.
Paying attention to 'gut feeling/instinct' is important
Doubting information provided is also important........

When in doubt......turn about!

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:49 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Old Biscuit, I had to rent a new storage with doors 14 foot high in order to back it in. I have about a 6 inch clearance. Some of the roads have been paved over which lessons the height of the bridge clearance, so I put in the program the bridges that are 14 foot or less.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote