Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2015, 05:43 AM   #1

Setting up TV system

We have a Jayco Precept 2015..am researching TV systems..is there a way to set up all three TV's on one box. Reg cable in parks work all three,but then you are limited to there channels. And our living room TV slides up and down in a cabinet..Not much space to set the boxes..Just wondering if any one has done it ?
NanaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2015, 05:43 AM   #2

where are you going to get the cable box, as each park should be on a different cable system?
2015RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:11 AM   #3

Cable Box? I'm not sure what you mean by Cable Box in a 2015 MH. Did the TV's come with the MH? I have not used the cable at any parks.. I mainly use OTA antenna for what we watch. But, if it were me I'd connect up the cable to the MH and then just do a recan on the TV, The TV Will see what channels are available.. from my thought is if your TV didn't get the New HD channels you would use a converter box, but if they are new TV's I'd think all you have to do is scan. On our Samsung we scan both Analog and Digital and the channels that are available populate. Maybe I'm missing something?
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:34 AM   #4

The TV's came with MH. And cable in the parks works well. And most of the time OTA antenna is OK. But we are in a park in Florida no cable and OTA is all Spanish and religion. So have been thinking of a way to do to Dish or Direct or satellite system. But they say we have to have a box for each one. And We have no easy place to put them. So just thought I would ask. I have a feeling we will put up with antenna some places. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:00 AM   #5

Ok, sorry, I was a bit confused. To answer your question about useing one box for 3 tVS the answer is Maybe.... but, you would only be able to feed one TV at a time. that's the easy answer... the problem is would be finding where the cables are routed for your TV's now, weather the box uses Coax or HDMI and how easy it is to use a switcher to switch between the 3 TVS. And with out being able to look at it I can't answer that question. Sorry
Old 02-06-2015, 01:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaJ View Post
The TV's came with MH. And cable in the parks works well. And most of the time OTA antenna is OK. But we are in a park in Florida no cable and OTA is all Spanish and religion. So have been thinking of a way to do to Dish or Direct or satellite system. But they say we have to have a box for each one. And We have no easy place to put them. So just thought I would ask. I have a feeling we will put up with antenna some places. Thanks.
I went with Dish, 1 Hopper and 1 Joey. Works great.
TommySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
TV Setup

I just had my 31UL set up for Cable last week. We contacted several cabel companies and were told only one was able to serve the campground. Tech came out and ran a cable about 50 feet to a box and plugged into the outlet in the water bin. No box was used and we get 130 channels. Each of my three TV's can get a different channel. Hope this helps.

Bob
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:22 AM   #8

Bob, Are you planning on staying at that site for some time? I am wondering how the campground is set up. On the old Analog systems you could run one cable in and service all your tv's that were connected to that cable via splitters ... my guess is your tvs are on a splitter. Since each of your TV's get different channels my guess is the campground has an analog system. But, that is the way the older systems worked until they went digital... most cable companies now require a box at each tv ... such as Cox, Charter, ATT and others if they are on a digital system. I don't know of any analog systems out there now even our charter system changed over in the last 7 years.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:01 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Yes, we will be here 6 more weeks. We had to contact the cable company direct. The campground is not involved. Don't know what kind of system they have. Not smart enough. When the local systems get too complicated, we may go the Tailgater route. Most that have it, like it.

Bob
Old 02-11-2015, 05:39 AM   #10

That is interesting, today, most of the cable companies require some type of box, they may just filter out everything that is extra.... Did they charge you a hook up fee and then a monthly fee? I am surprised they would do it for such a short time as well... Thanks for your response..
Dave
Old 02-12-2015, 05:01 AM   #11

Thanks for all the input. We decided to wait for awhile and do some more research. We did call Comcast they installed a box on front TV. It was way too expensive. But we have enjoyed all our shows. The other two TV we didn't use. In a perfect world all camp grounds would have regular cable attach one wire and your good to go.. Ha. Ha.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:23 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Davidki

They wanted to charge me forty dollars for a hook up fee and I protested saying that would make cable a hundred dollare for one month. They then said that I can skip the hook up charge if my cable was long enough. I have a 50 ft cable so they let me slide I've never had a box put in. I will however if I go with the Tailgater and the 211 Dish box.

Bob