Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #1

Tampa RV Show

Well we made it to the show and looked hard at Newmar, Tiffin and Entegra. I've gotta say we really, really like the Anthem.

I didn't think I would ever think about ordering or buying a brand new coach (scared of dealing with all those issues not to mention that initial $ hit) but the 2013 Anthem may end up changing my mind.

We were definitely impressed after talking with both the Lazy Days salesman as well as several reps from Entegra. Probably going to go drive one next week. They tell me it'll be all over if we drive one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #2

LOL YEP, go drive one and you had BETTER have your checkbook ready, you will own one very soon afterward AND they are cheaper than anything else in the same quality and feature range. just my opinion.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanjeep View Post
Well we made it to the show and looked hard at Newmar, Tiffin and Entegra. I've gotta say we really, really like the Anthem.

I didn't think I would ever think about ordering or buying a brand new coach (scared of dealing with all those issues not to mention that initial $ hit) but the 2013 Anthem may end up changing my mind.

We were definitely impressed after talking with both the Lazy Days salesman as well as several reps from Entegra. Probably going to go drive one next week. They tell me it'll be all over if we drive one.
LOL, That test drive is a killer!! I am currently at lazydays (no the Entegras aren't quite troublefree) so I'll be watching for you when the Entegras come back from the show!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #4

Dean, so what puts Entegra out in front of the other guys for you?
MSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMatt
Dean, so what puts Entegra out in front of the other guys for you?
To look at the Anthem (look and general feel) I would compare it to an Allegro Bus or Mountain Aire. Price point is comparable to the bus but lower than the Newmar. After talking with the Entegra people, they are pretty convincing on the quality of the construction and I've gotten quite a bit of feedback on this forum on the positive customer service. Looking forward to a test drive and probably a trip to their factory.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #6

We saw the Cornerstone at the 2011 Tampa show, the wife liked it a lot, she didn't like the location of the refrig but they have moved it in some of the later model. I've been "thinking" about the Entegra line since the 2011 show and feel like they offer a lot for the money when compared to Newmar or Tiffin. I made it a point to look at the coaches a little closer at the 2012 show, they make a pretty impressive unit for the money. For me to "upgrade" I would want to upgrade chassis and the wife would want the upgraded interior. I have a Spartan Mountain Master Chassis and Cummins ISL engine now so I would only be interested in the Cornerstone with the K2 chassis and ISM engine. The only thing I would want in the Cornerstone would be a full wall slide which they don't offer and according to the factory rep no plans are in the works for a full wall slide. I would buy the Cornerstone over the Zephyr and would go with the full wall slide Essex over the Cornerstone. However I'd take a full wall slide Cornerstone over an Essex. I guess I'll just wait till they put a full wall slide in a Cornerstone (or win the lottery) before I upgrade. Overall the Entegra is an impressive line. BTW I would drop the fireplace if I could.
harleyman134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #7

harleyman, why would you drop the fireplace. We had the same attitude when we got our first one, in fact we ordered the unit and did not want to order one, the dealer insisted and finally said that if we did not like it he would take it our and refund our money. Well after having one we would not own a unit without it. It is very nice to look at on a cold evening and puts out enough heat to keep the whole front of the coach warn on a pretty cold night, slide the bedroom doors closed so they can be cooler at bed time. We LOVE it, never had any trouble, and many times use the campgrounds electricity and not our diesel. all just our experience and opinion.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #8

Does the fireplace run on electric or propane?
MSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #9

Mine (and everyone in a mh that I have seen) runs on electricity.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
harleyman, why would you drop the fireplace. We had the same attitude when we got our first one, in fact we ordered the unit and did not want to order one, the dealer insisted and finally said that if we did not like it he would take it our and refund our money. Well after having one we would not own a unit without it. It is very nice to look at on a cold evening and puts out enough heat to keep the whole front of the coach warn on a pretty cold night, slide the bedroom doors closed so they can be cooler at bed time. We LOVE it, never had any trouble, and many times use the campgrounds electricity and not our diesel. all just our experience and opinion.
Having one in a unit I liked would not be a deal breaker, I don't full time and don't think full timing is in my future and when I take a trip I usually look for a place with warmer weather in the winter time. I just don't "envision" RV'ing as a cold weather "sport", so when I see a fireplace in a RV it just looks out of place to me. But that's just me and my mama would always tell me that's why they make "chocolate and vanilla ice cream"
Old 01-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
We looked at the Cornerstone and weren't impressed. Same withe the new Zephyr and Essex/King Aire. So then it was the bus conversions to check out. Fell in love with a Millenium and Liberty conversion but after getting a trade-in value on our Alante, it was time to forget doing any kind of trading. Gene, you already know how crazy the market is for an orphan TS.....not pretty for an owner, but great for a buyer. :-(
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #12

Yep, I kinda bonded with the $1,700,000.00 Newell I saw at the show, I still don't know that it's 3 times the coach a $600,000.00 Cornerstone is. Besides that Rock Star or Lottery winning money.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Owner of 2007 Alante 45 ft. Travel Supreme. Within last three years toured Winnebago, Newmar, Tiffan, and Entrega. Entrega won hands down. If we were to upgrade it would be Enegra. For the time being we are approaching 100K miles and all is going fine.

Some keys to keeping going:
1. Frequent oil/filter changes--use only Cummings dealers if you can.
2. Go to the Spartan factory dealership every 2-3 years for full inspection/repair.
3. Don't cheap out on tires. Buy the best (Michelin) if you can. We have seen people spend a bunch of money to repair from a blowout.

Good luck to all of you.
dcphil_98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #14

Harleyman, HEARD that, LOL, Make MINE chocolate. LOL

Bob, yep, thought I really bit the bullet on mine but I got more than they are bringing now by far. About the main improvement of the Cornerstone over the Anthem is the 600 hp, K3 chassis, otherwise you do not get all that much more for your money, in my opinion, yes there are some nice upgrades but it is also a lot of money. Apparently I am not the only one who has felt that way as they now make the K3 the ONLY chassis on the Cornerstone AND lowered the price by a bunch, all in all about a $50k better value than a 2012. Oh well, I will just have to "live" with my Anthem. lol