Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:05 AM   #1

The Wizard of Oz and Jayco!!

So for I am batting a 0. The BBB in Louisiana has sided with the dealership mainly because they have been in good standing for years! Doesn't matter that they cannot fix the issues, but good luck to them. Have talked to many people and they do not use this particular dealership because of the lack of knowledge from the owners.

Now for the BBB in Indiana!! As a consumer we are allowed 10 days to respond to the business, but the business can go past the date and are still allowed to respond. Twice since I started this with the BBB in Indiana. Now for the exciting part of my blurt: not only did I receive a call from the consumer affairs manager of Jayco last Friday, he responded to the BBB the following statement that was said to me during our conversation. Let's see if this makes any humane sense:

Offering to fly someone here to test the MH. In the past I was to drive it to Indiana. Was also advised by the CAM, that a "MOTORHOME IS ESSENTIALLY A HOUSE ON WHEELS AND RIDING IN A MH CAN BE LIKE STANDING IN YOUR HOUSE WITH A "NEAR CATAGORY 1 HURRICANE" AND A "7.0 EARTHQUAKE, HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME."

Noises and vibrations are going to be a natural characteristic for this type of RV!!!!! Any comments folks?

Who wants to buy this type of MH now?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
My comment would be, "What is the problem?" You didn't describe the issues that have caused these reports to the BBB.

I generally find the BBB to be worthless in giving 'grades' to businesses. They often side with the business and are more interested in collecting membership fees and making flashy signs for members to display. JMHO

The Consumer Affairs Manager is correct, with the level of construction and materials used, squeaks and creaks will be present. Sad that the 'CAM' wasn't challenged that in earthquake and hurricane regions building codes require buildings to be built to withstand such possible conditions. Since Jayco knows what their RVs will be subject to, why don't they build them to withstand such conditions?? (money and weight)

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #3

If you go back and read my other posts you will see why I did what I'm doing. The mere fact that an employee would state that about a product that gives him his salary is quite interesting. Jayco has not thought process for the purchasers of their products and that is what this man proved in his statement.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:26 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by precept View Post
If you go back and read my other posts you will see why I did what I'm doing. The mere fact that an employee would state that about a product that gives him his salary is quite interesting. Jayco has not thought process for the purchasers of their products and that is what this man proved in his statement.
I'd gently suggest you should have added this to whichever of your previous posts it's reacting to. It's sort of a non sequitur to just start a new thread without explaining the causes of the complaint to the BBB. Why should we have to look up your previous posts to figure out whether your rant at the Louisiana and Indiana BBB, the Wizard of Oz and Jayco is justified?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco